National football team of BiH yesterday gathered in the hotel Hercegovina in Ilidža. Training in the afternoon hours marked the beginning of preparations for qualifications for the World Championship and the first match, against Estonia, which is to be played on September 6 in Zenica.First training was held in the Training Camp of FC Sarajevo in Butmir, but the team was not complete. Players who attended the training yesterday are Spahić, Begović, Duljević, Cocalić, Cimirot, Tomić, Aničić, Vrančić, Lulić, Kolašinac, Pjanić, Hodžić, Vranješ, Šunjić and Sušić.Other players stayed in the hotel for recovery, Milan Đurić was playing for Cesena, and Ibrahim Šehić was expected to join the team later that night.The Dragons will have two more training sessions today at the same location, and another one on Wednesday. As of Thursday, the national team will be preparing in the Training Center “The Dragon’s Nest” in Zenica, where they will have one training that day. After several more training sessions during the following days, one day before the match with Estonia they will have one training at the stadium Bilino Polje in Zenica.The match against Estonia will be played on September 6 at the stadium Bilino Polje in Zenica starting from 8:45 pm.(Source: klix.ba)
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Klopp on Liverpool title-run: We’ll enjoy the rideby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJurgen Klopp says Liverpool will “enjoy the ride” as they look to claim their first top-flight title win in close to 30 years.The Reds can extend their gap at the top of the table to nine points with a win over third-placed Manchester City at the Etihad tonight.Klopp isn’t willing to put any pressure on his players and insists they will take everything as it comes.”Now, we are in a really good moment, that’s true, but we have to go to Manchester City and play all the other big ones apart from Arsenal,” Klopp told Gary Neville on Sky Sports.”It’s football. I don’t need to know now what will be in May. Who can’t really live with the time between now and May? Go on holiday and switch everything off then come back in May and see what happened. I cannot change that. I don’t want to. I want to enjoy the ride until May!”For us, the target was to qualify for the Champions League and even that is not sure because the others can win 17 games in a row.”We have to only be focused on us and that’s what we do and so far, the mood in the club and around has got better and better. We will see where that leads us to.”
CALGARY (660 NEWS) — Hundreds of Venezuelans braved the snow and cold in Calgary to show support to individuals in their home country protesting for democracy.The unrest in Venezuela comes after President Nicolas Maduro was sworn into a second term at the beginning of January, but has been considered illegitimate after his main opponents were banned from running against him.Crowd of Venezuelans starting gather at City Hall. They’re protesting here in Calgary in support of restoring democracy in Venezuela. #yyc pic.twitter.com/3KEklRsj9G— Jenna Hamilton (@j_hamilton04) January 23, 2019Leader of the opposition National Assembly, Juan Guaido, swore himself in as president. The protestors outside Calgary’s city hall support this decision.“We are following the rules made in our own constitution, we’re not making it a coup d’etat or anything else. There is an emptiness in the government at this moment and we’re taking the opportunity to fill up that emptiness with the National Assembly elected by the people,” said Abeladio Eljesser, rally participant.Raising their hands in support of their new president & being responsible for what happens inside their country. #yyc pic.twitter.com/TIre1QhNlY— Jenna Hamilton (@j_hamilton04) January 23, 2019The United States and Canada announced they will recognize Guaido as the president of Venezuela.Other countries, such as Mexico and Russia have said that they would continue to recognize Maduro as the president.-With files from the Canadian Press
VANCOUVER – Home sales and average prices rose in B.C. in September, according to the latest figures from the British Columbia Real Estate Association.It says a total of 8,340 residential unit sales were recorded by the Multiple Listing Service during the month, an increase of 9.9 per cent from the same period last year.Total sales amounted to $5.8 billion, up 30.2 per cent from September 2016, and the average MLS residential price was $693,774, up 18.5 per cent.Year-to-date, the dollar value of B.C. residential sales was down 12.8 per cent to $57.6 billion, when compared to this time last year.The BCREA also says residential unit sales declined 13 per cent year-to-date to 81,608 units while the average price was down 0.2 per cent to $705,501.Cameron Muir, the association’s chief economist, says B.C. home sales rose nearly five per cent from August on a seasonally adjusted basis.“Total active listings on the market continue to trend at 10-year lows in most B.C. regions, limiting unit sales and pushing home prices higher,: he said.“While the economic fundamentals support elevated housing demand, rising home prices are eroding affordability, particularly for first-time buyers.”
Visual representations of steel and wood structures were presented. Wood was visually appealing, yet the concern for long-term maintenance of wood would be costly. As the location of the building is close to the road, the building will require regular washing due to road grime.A steel structure with wood cladding was requested by Council, as well as seeking more visual representations of what this combination would look like. Images of the steel building options were limited. It was expressed as necessary that the new building represents the region as it will be seen as people drive into the city.Council had other questions regarding items that were shown on the proposed plaza design such as fire pits and wanting them to be temporary and the options for closing the building with doors or walls which will be discussed once the building structure material is chosen.Council directed staff to proceed to a detailed design with Site Design – Option One with a steel building with wood cladding, and further consultation with the community regarding the design of the proposed building structure.The goal is to get a plan in place for tender in March 2019, with construction starting in April and completed by September. The site of the new festival plaza will be located on the site of the old visitor’s centre, $1.2 million was allocated from the Peace River Agreement signing bonus in 2015 for the development of this space.This new space in Centennial Park aligns with the City’s strategic plan to use downtown as a social, vibrant hub. As the plaza will be an addition to the Park, it is desirable for the new space to complement and be cohesive. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – John Buchko of EDS Group Inc. on behalf of the City of Fort St. John presented ‘Festival Plaza Conceptual Development’ to seek direction from Council to the general design concept, the type of material the plaza structure would be built from and would Council want continued public engagement.Two configurations of the space were presented to Council; option one included a one-way road lane and space for vending trucks. The second option included a two-way lane and a loading area, Council voted in favour for the first option.As this meeting was to ask for clarity to start creating more detailed design options, the other question for the Plaza site was what would the main structure be made of.
Approximately 4.2 kilograms of CocaineApproximately 250 grams of Fentanyl PowderApproximately 270 Fentanyl tabletsApproximately 1950 Oxycodone tabletsApproximately 22.5 litres of GHB/RohypnolApproximately $4000 in Canadian Currency4 firearmsGeorge Osbaldo Goday-Guerra, 24 of Surrey, British Columbia is facing the following charges;Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 4Trafficking a controlled substancePossession of property obtained by crime under $5000Possession of a prohibited weapon/deviceUnauthorized possession of a prohibited/restricted firearmObstruction of a Peace OfficerMr. Godoy-Guerra remains in custody and scheduled to appear at Grande Prairie Provincial Court on March 20, 2019.Grande Prairie RCMP is committed to increasing community safety by using a crime reduction strategy that focuses on identifying repeat offenders, gathering intelligence, and conducting enforcement initiatives. GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – The Grande Prairie RCMP executed two warrants and seized over $615,000 worth of illegal drugs.On March 17, 2019, Grande Prairie RCMP Municipal Drug Section along with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services, ALERT and Grande Prairie General Duty members, executed 2 Search warrants in the City of Grande Prairie and the Town of Wembley following a drug investigation.RCMP searched both residences and located approximately $615,000 worth of illegal drugs. Canadian currency and firearms were also located during the search. The following items were seized as a result of the investigation;
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – With 3,186 people working on the project in January up from 3,107 in December, work continues on the Site C Dam project.Below is a copy of the construction schedule for the next two weeks;Dam site area – north (left) bank and south (right) bank Work will take place during the day, night, and on the weekend until the project is completed. During this time, residents can expect the following:• Heavy machinery will be in the transmission line corridor. For your safety, please stay clear of the work areas.• There will be project-related traffic on public and resource roads, including petroleum development roads.• Trucks with heavy loads will be accessing the dam site and other project areas. This includes Highway 29 at Cache Creek and Halfway River. Please use caution when meeting a pilot car and observe all warning signs.• Helicopters and commercial drones may be used to support investigative and construction works.• Some noise and vibration may occur near the dam site and work areas, including the quarries. Pile driving may take place near the 85th Avenue Industrial Lands.• There may be smoke in various areas as a result of planned burning. Burning will only take place when permitted by ground conditions, the fire danger rating, and venting conditions.• For your safety, please stay clear of active in-river work areas along the Peace and Moberly rivers. These areas are clearly identified with signage and markings.To view the bulletin; CLICK HERE • Contractors will continue to move equipment and material to the site. This includes deliveries by rail.• Contractors are continuing construction and operations in their work areas. This includes the main civil works, generating station and spillways civil works, turbines and generators, and substation.• Water management activities may take place.• Excavation, including in-river excavation, will progress on both banks of the Peace River.• Construction activities, such as drilling, blasting, crushing, earth moving, tunnelling, concrete placement, and road maintenance, will continue. Tower and mobile cranes will be used on site.• Site preparation will continue at the 85th Avenue Industrial Lands. Work has begun on building the conveyor that will deliver fill material to the dam site. Work activities will occur between the hours of 7 a.m to 7 p.m, seven days a week, and may include excavating, compacting soil and equipment and materials delivery. Additionally, periodic sweeping or dust suppression on Road 240 may occur.Highway 29 • At Halfway River, clearing and vegetation removal is almost complete. Some work will continue including log hauling, mulching, chipping and burning debris. Environmental and wildlife monitoring is ongoing.• At Farrell Creek and near Dry Creek west of Farrell Creek Road, geotechnical investigations may begin. This could include drilling, digging test pits, surveying, minor vegetation removal, and some traffic control.• At Portage Mountain Quarry, site investigations and surveys will continue in preparation for site clearing and road building.• Clearing activities will be complete by the end of March. Wood waste may be chipped, mulched, spread as coarse woody debris, hauled off-site, or burned.• Electrical distribution poles may be temporarily moved in the Cache Creek West area.Reservoir area• Forestry and access road data collection and site investigations will continue near and along the reservoir area.• Wood waste may be chipped, mulched, spread as coarse woody debris, hauled off-site, or burned.Transmission works• Maintenance work will continue on roads that provide access to parts of the transmission corridor.• Material and equipment are being delivered to the marshalling yard at Moberly Lake.• Site investigations, including stripping and data recovery of archaeological sites, geotechnical work, and structure staking, may take place.• Upgrades will continue at Peace Canyon Generating Station.Other areas• Work is occurring downstream of the dam site for the Peace River side channel enhancements.• Aggregate and riprap production will continue in West Pine Quarry. The material will be transported by rail and road to the dam site.What to expect
The RCMP is reminding the public of the #9PMRoutine is a campaign, to equip citizens to protect themselves and their possessions.RCMP say the #9PMRoutine is simple to do as every night a 9:00 p.m., you go out to your vehicle to check to see that it is locked and that valuables are either removed or hidden from view.The RCMP say the biggest message of the #9PMRoutine is to secure your belongings because out of sight is out of mind. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – RCMP have tweeted to remove valuables from vehicles.RCMP tweeted Thursday, September 12th, 2019, three vehicles were broken into/unlocked with purses/wallets stolen and credit cards were fraudulently used.The Fort St. John RCMP say they have been receiving reports of theft from vehicles and reports of suspicious people car-hopping, checking doors on vehicles for easy access to tempting items.
Melbourne: Polling companies in Australia are facing the heat after the forecast debacle, with data analysts putting the blame on unrepresentative samples, inability of pollsters to keep up with technology and inadequate monitoring of real-time sentiment on social media. Defying exit poll prections, the ruling Liberal-National conservative coalition led by Prime Minister Scott Morrison claimed a shock victory in Saturday’s general election. It was a stunning turnaround after every opinion poll over the campaign predicted a Labor Party victory. A Galaxy exit poll had put Labor Party led by Bill Shorten at 52 per cent of the vote compared to 48 per cent for the Liberal National coalition, according to Nine News. The Federal opinion poll aggregate BludgerTrack 2019 – which draws from Newspoll, Galaxy, Ipsos, YouGov, Essential Research and ReachTEL polls – also had Labor at 51.7 per cent and the Coalition sitting at 48.3 per cent of the vote on a two-party preferred basis when it was last updated on Friday. In the wake of the Labor Party’s shocking loss, many on social media have railed against the results, Australian news site news.com.au reported. Political scientist Dr Andy Marks, who said earlier in the campaign that a Labor victory was “virtually unquestionable” based on polling, told SBS News that the result shows how “worthless mainstream polling has become”. “I think this is really a cataclysmic era of polling in this country,” he said. “We’ve seen surprises with Brexit (in the UK) and with (Donald) Trump (in the US) in recent years, but generally Australia, due to compulsory voting and other more stabilising factors, hasn’t really been exposed.” Tasmanian electoral analyst Kevin Bonham also described the events as a “massive polling failure”. “Pollsters will have to look at whether their sampling was unrepresentative.” He said he suspected that polling companies tinkered with the raw numbers and made adjustments to stop polls swinging wildly from poll to poll. “I don’t have direct evidence of that … nobody wants to be pushing polling that bounces around too much,” he was quoted as saying by the Financial Review. As of Sunday, Bonham said there seemed to be a three per cent error across every poll in the past two weeks, which is far outside the usual margin for error. “It’s like one poll can be three per cent out and that’s what you would sort of expect now and then by random chance. But all the polls being out by that amount in the same direction and getting all the same results is something that absolutely cannot happen by random chance,” he said. According to Bonham, a number of factors might have been at play, including unrepresentative samples, oversampling people who are politically engaged and herding (when polling firms adjust their results to more closely match competitors out of fear of being wrong). And while compulsory voting may have protected Australia against inaccurate polling in the past, some experts believe it was also a contributor to what happened this time. Writing in The Conversation on Sunday, University of Melbourne statistician Adrian Beaumont said people with higher education levels are more likely to respond to polls, potentially skewing the results. When it comes to voluntary voting systems, this factor does not have as much of an effect as educated people are also more likely to be vote, he argued. Political scientist Dr Andy Marks, however, said the issues were largely due to the fact mainstream polling companies have not been able to keep up with technology. The mobile age has affected pollster ability to generate random samples, he said. “The old idea of ringing up somebody on the landline and asking them who they’ll vote for is redundant and has kind of been redundant, I think, for the last three or four years,” he said.
Nada me gustaría más que poder ir a la Asamblea Legislativa y dar las explicaciones del caso por cambio del sistema de pagos del MEP— Leonardo (@leogarnier) May 15, 2014 Related posts:As teacher strike continues, government announces plan to distribute back pay Former Education Minister Leonardo Garnier blames old system for backlog in teachers’ salaries Costa Rica’s month-long teachers’ strike comes to an end Teachers reject pay deal; education minister says get back to work