Quarantine troubles? Kristin Chenoweth revealed that in the beginning stages of the coronavirus pandemic shutdowns she feared her boyfriend, Josh Bryant, might end their relationship.“I think I maybe had a crying moment,” Chenoweth, 52, exclusively told Us Weekly on Wednesday, November 11, reflecting on her freak-out. “And I said, ‘Are you ever going to? Are you going to break up with me?’ Because, you know, we were together 24/7.”- Advertisement – The Candy Land host noted that fear of the relationship ending came after seven weeks of quarantining with the guitarist in New York City.Josh Bryant and Kristin Chenoweth. Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock“That is really a testament to our relationship,” she explained. “He just held my hand. I think I held his at different times, and we were there for each other. That’s really what it’s about.”The Broadway star revealed that the pair have kept up with their date nights amid the pandemic, but they do look different.- Advertisement – “Golly. That’s a separate interview,” she joked. “Honestly, I’ve never really been that girl. I think I’m going to take life each day as it comes, especially now during this time.”The couple are, however, gearing up for the holidays and hoping to make the most of the celebrations after a rough year.“I don’t think any of us will disagree that 2020 has been not the best. But the good thing is that in my family, around the holidays, we don’t play around,” she explained. “When it comes to food, we eat. I personally am not a cook. I like things that come in packages.”Chenoweth revealed that she is turning to Kellogg’s Do It Yuleself DIY recipes and ideas on how to make the holidays extra special … and super simple.“I like to open and eat, OK. Open and eat. It’s a two-stop shop,” she said, noting that Kellogg’s crackers has created different cheeseboard how-tos for gatherings small and big. “Really, I’m just here to remind everybody about snacks!”With reporting by Christina GaribaldiListen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! “He’s a cook. I’m not. Let me repeat, I am not,” Chenoweth told Us while promoting her partnership with Kellogg’s crackers. “I know he loves to cook. We would do our grocery store runs in the middle of the night, so as to be safe, and he would get all the ingredients and he makes a great chicken pasta parmesan.”The Pushing Daisies alum noted that she makes salad during their romantic meals, which means “opening up the bag and pouring into a bowl.”The Holidate actress was first linked to Bryant in August 2018. Although they’ve gotten closer amid the pandemic, Chenoweth doesn’t know if they’ll ever get married.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Topics : Sterling has previously been prominent in calling out racism in both the domestic and international game.Last year he advised fellow players against walking off the pitch in the event of racial abuse.But Sterling believes it is now time for the talking to develop into real change – in society and in the notoriously tribal world of professional football.”There’s only so much communities and other backgrounds can take – especially black people.”It’s been going on for hundreds of years and people are tired and people are ready for change.”This is something that needs more than just talking. We need to actually implement change and highlight the places that do need changes.”But this is something that I myself will continue to do, and spark these debates and get people in my industry looking at themselves and thinking what they can do to give people an equal chance in this country.” Manchester City and England footballer Raheem Sterling on Sunday insisted that racism is “the only disease right now”.The 25-year-old, who has often and powerfully spoken out on discrimination, admitted his remarks may appear ill-chosen as the globe fights the coronavirus pandemic.”I know this might sound a little bit cheesy but the only disease right now is the racism that we are fighting,” said Sterling in a BBC TV interview to be broadcast on Monday. Sterling is the latest sports star to voice support for protests against racism in the United States and across the world following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis last month.”This is the most important thing at this moment in time because this is something that is happening for years and years. Just like the pandemic, we want to find a solution to stop it,” he added.”At the same time, this is what all these protesters are doing. They are trying to find a solution and a way to stop the injustice they are seeing, and they are fighting for their cause.”As long as they are doing it peacefully and safely and not hurting anybody and not breaking into any stores, they continue to protest in this peaceful way.”
MORE: Newton’s Patriots contract looks awfully familiarNewton earned a total of $121.934 million from the Panthers in nine seasons with Carolina, which selected him with the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. He has not played a season for less than $15 million since the fourth year of his rookie contract in 2014, right before he signed a five-year extension with the Panthers and immediately led them to the Super Bowl.Even if Newton were to somehow repeat the brilliance of that MVP season with the Patriots this year, he would earn less than a third of the $24 million he was paid in 2015. MORE: Cam confuses fans with ‘tired of being humble’ postESPN’s Field Yates on Thursday shared the complete breakdown of the $6 million-plus worth of bonuses and incentives built into Newton’s contract. Included is an All-Pro bonus of $500,000. (The report did not specify whether Newton needs to be voted first-team All-Pro by The Associated Press specifically, rather than AP second-team All-Pro or Sporting News All-Pro.)Newton has been voted first-team All-Pro once in his career, in 2015, when he also was voted NFL MVP and earned one of his three career Pro Bowl nods. With the Patriots, Newton also would get a bonus of $500,000 for making the Pro Bowl in 2020.Below is the breakdown of the bonuses and incentives Newton has a chance to hit with his one-year contract in New England.Per-game roster bonuses: $43,750 per game (up to $700,000)Playing time incentives:13 percent: $250,00020 percent: $500,00030 percent: $750,00040 percent: $1 million50 percent: $1.25 million60 percent: $1.5 million ($2.25 million if Patriots make playoffs)70 percent: $1.75 million ($2.25 million if Patriots make playoffs)80 percent: $2 million ($3 million if Patriots make playoffs)90 percent: $2.25 million ($3.75 million if Patriots make playoffs)Pro Bowl bonus: $500,000All-Pro bonus: $500,000Playoff wins: $250,000 per win (if he plays 50 percent of game)Newton’s base salary in 2020 is $1.05 million, which is the minimum for a player who has been in the NFL seven years or longer, but he was guaranteed just $550,000 at signing.”The Patriots are shrewd when it comes out handing low-risk, high-reward contracts to fallen big-name players,” SN’s Vinnie Iyer wrote last week. “Given Newton was a free agent for nearly 100 days since his release from the Panthers, the Patriots likely sensed they were the only team willing to offer Newton a deal to stay in the NFL in 2020, allowing them to set his market.”With Newton’s durability issues, there was even more reason, in Patriots’ minds, to justify the cheapness.” We already know Cam Newton’s contract with the Patriots is a shockingly cheap deal for the team. We also know that, in the mind of the 31-year-old quarterback, the one-year contract “is not about money. … It’s about respect.”Fair enough. But now we know the complete details of the deal that will pay Newton no less than $550,000 and no more than $7.5 million after he collected almost $17 million from the Panthers last season before he was released in March. Newton could be named first-team All-Pro in 2020 — in other words, the best quarterback in the NFL — and still not earn the maximum amount of money his contract offers.
UCLA coach Mick Cronin told Sporting News the most important thing to the Bruins is having some level of certainty about the coming season. UCLA basketball is one high-major athletic program that did not have its players return to campus during the summer months. In the Bruins’ regular Zoom calls, Cronin said, the players are asking questions about the 2020-21 season that he struggles to answer.Now, he can tell them it’ll be the 2021 season.MORE: Kevin Warren’s role as Big Ten’s bad news bearer isn’t his fault, but it is his problem“To me, you’re better off knowing,” Cronin told SN. “The players want to know: ‘When are we going to play?’ It helps their mental state, to know when the season is starting.“At least now, I have an answer. We’ll start our workouts soon. We’ll start practicing on whatever date the Pac-12 gives us, usually 40 days before your first game but maybe there’ll be some accommodation because of this situation. But at least you’ll know. We’ll be able to give them some direction. To me, that helps a guy. They’re sitting around, like: ‘Coach, are we playing this year or not?’”The Pac-12 statement included word from its medical advisers that rapid testing — results in hours rather than days — should be available in the coming months, which will help sort out who does and does not belong on an athletic field at any given moment. And, “We will have a greater understanding of potential short- and long-term health effects of COVID-19 to better inform medical decision-making.” Like a solid screen that came from the blind side, the basketball teams of the Pacific-12 Conference learned on Thursday they would not be playing games until Jan. 1. At least.The Pac-12’s announcement it would postpone competition in fall sports included a declaration the conference would stage no intercollegiate competition until 2021. Men’s basketball has a nationwide starting date of Nov. 10, which NCAA vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt said earlier this month he expected would hold. The Bruins finished last season with a 19-12 record and 12-6 mark in the Pac-12, missing a conference championship on a buzzer-beating jumper by crosstown rival Southern California. They have their entire lineup returning from that team, including leading scorer Chris Smith, who entered the NBA Draft but withdrew before the NCAA’s deadline to retain college eligibility.Cronin does not know for certain what a January start would mean to the college basketball season, but anticipates the possibility of playing only conference games, possibly expanding to a full double-round-robin of 22 games.“They’ve got time to work on it, and they’ve been working on it,” Cronin said. “The Pac-12 has had a committee working for three months on: If we don’t play until January, what’s the best way to do it? I think they’re trying to do what’s the safest play.”
In a strategic political move, the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) announced plans to change the system by which it chose persons to represent the Party at the Local Government level.As such, the Party is looking to balance its list of candidates by having 50 per cent come from within the Party and 50 per cent from civil society, to contest the Local Government Elections (LGE) on November 12, 2018.PPP General Secretary Bharrat Jagdeo said that his Party would ask possible candidates who were going to be on the list if they would have the time to serve or volunteer for these positions.“We are going to ask them right up front … because they may not have the time and the work of the NDC (Neighbourhood Democratic Councils) or the municipality would suffer,” he stated.Jagdeo said the idea of balancing the slate was to ensure that there were present people directly from the communities who have skills and could relate to the community and push to have them improved.“These are people who are known in the area, people of good repute, law-abiding citizens who have done community work, religious leaders, young people in the youth movements,” he explained.The PPP General Secretary said one of the major constraints was Councillors having little time to attend meetings because elected officials do not earn salaries and so many of them are “busy earning a living elsewhere”.“…they have to give a commitment that they will support and defend the positions we campaign on.”In each of the 81 areas, communities will do their own selection and screening of all of the candidates at the bottom and then in consultation with the Party leadership.He said, “We’ll select the final, but it’s better because they know the people on the ground rather than Freedom House centrally trying to decide who will be the candidate.”Candidates, he said, would be expected to possess good interpersonal skills and have a sound grounding in the communities where they reside, especially to prevent the PPP being labelled for something bad.In preparation for these elections, the Party has launched its campaign in all 10 Administrative Regions throughout Guyana. The first meeting was held in Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne). Meetings were held at Number 70 Village, Number 56 Village, Hogtown Chesney, and Hampshire.Jagdeo has pointed out that the Party was implementing a 12-point criteria list for choosing persons to represent their constituencies at the upcoming elections. Addressing a crowd of about 400 at Number 70 Village, Jagdeo said one of the criteria was to ensure widespread consultation to select a representative.“We don’t want the people who are selected to represent you in an area to be selected by a small group of people of the party group alone. We want widespread consultation with our people in the areas, so that the people that we select are the best people we put forward,” he stated.The Opposition Leader asked all to participate in the process and said by August 18, the names of those selected should be submitted to the Party’s head office.PPP Executive Member Zulfikar Mustapha explained that the Kilcoy-Chesney NDC area was critical to the Party.“In 1994, when we had Local Government Elections, we had a tie in this NDC [Fyrish/Gibraltar] and we went back to a by-election and we won it… At the last Local Government Elections in 2016, we had another tie and instead of the Government and the Ministry of Communities go back to a by-election, the Minister decided to choose the APNU [A Partnership for National Unity] to appoint a Chairman and a Vice Chairman.”The PPP has also launched its election campaign in Region Three (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara) and in Region Five (Mahaica-Berbice) where Jagdeo and others met with hundreds of residents. Jagdeo has also conducted a number of outreaches in Regions Three and Four (Demerara-Mahaica) in preparation for the campaigning season. The PPP/Civic is hoping to win the LGE by a landslide.As preparations continue, Jagdeo said the PPP would be ready for Nomination Day, set for September 2018.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Photo saved as: BJCaption: Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo