AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis17 Foundation for Sport and the Arts to close in 2012 About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Howard Lake | 13 November 2008 | News Tagged with: Funding 204 total views, 6 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis17 The Foundation for Sport and the Arts is to close at the end of March 2012, and will stop accepting applications for funding in March 2009.Set up in 1991 to channel money originally donated by Littlewoods and other football pools companies to a wide range of sporting and artistic causes, the Foundation has made grants worth over £350 million.The decision to close followed a review of its financial position. The Trustees believe this will enable them to continue to make awards at the current annual levels. It will also mean they can close in the same year as the London Olympics, “a fitting climax”.www.thefsa.net
Scott Heins/Getty Images)(LOS ANGELES) — Harvey Weinstein was charged Friday with a new felony sexual assault count by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office. The charge of sexual assault by restraint stems from an incident in which Weinstein allegedly sexually assaulted a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel on May 11, 2010.The woman was originally interviewed last fall by the LA DA’s office as a corroborating witness, but last month provided information confirming the alleged attack took place within the state’s 10-year statute of limitations, which requires that a defendant be charged within 10 years of the alleged offense.Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement that investigators are continuing to “build and strengthen our case.”“If we find new evidence of a previously unreported crime, as we did here, we will investigate and determine whether additional criminal charges should be filed,” she said.On Jan. 6, the LA DA’s office charged Weinstein with raping one woman and sexually assaulting another in separate incidents over a two-day period in 2013. Weinstein was charged with one felony count each of forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by use of force and sexual battery by restraint.Weinstein denied those charges through his defense attorneys at the start of his criminal trial in New York earlier this year.Juda Engelmayer, a spokesman for Weinstein, declined on Saturday to comment on the new charge. Weinstein has long denied ever engaging in non-consensual sex with anyone.Currently serving a sentence of up to 23 years in New York, Weinstein is now facing up to 29 years behind bars in California, if convicted of all the LA charges, according to Lacey’s office.Weinstein has yet to be formally arraigned in California, though authorities there have initiated the extradition process to gain temporary custody of the disgraced movie mogul from NY state.The former Hollywood producer, was found guilty of criminal sexual assault and of rape in the third degree in a New York court on Feb 24. He was found not guilty of the more serious charges of predatory sexual assault and of rape in the first degree.If you or someone you know experienced sexual assault and is seeking resources, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
One glimpse at his slumped shoulders and I knew my attempt to encourage him to make friends had backfired. His lip trembled and before burying his head into my chest, he blurted out between tears, “He doesn’t want to play with me.”Not only do I viscerally feel his personal rejection as my own, but all of my personal experiences of rejection well up– the time I tried to kiss a guy and he turned away, the time I had asked a good friend to read a draft of my book and she said no. I pull him toward me, hugging my four-year old close, with a fierce need to protect him. I whisper in his ear all of the things. The little boy is probably just tired and wants to play alone. That he’s a good boy and other kids want to play with him. That it’s scary to put yourself out there again, but the only thing to do is ask someone else. Twenty minutes later, I’m sitting on the grass and he’s playing with a gang of kids –racing down the hill and comparing grass stains. He’s beaming with the abiding pleasure of belonging, and I’m smiling, relieved that he’s happy, grateful for his growing resilience.It brings to mind a conversation I recently had with Michael Brown, the director of Mountain Sun School. The school’s core mission includes age-appropriate exploration of the outdoors, starting with short hikes for the preschoolers and culminating with multi-night backpacking trips for the upper elementary students.Michael told me that creating a central core is fundamental to kids feeling inspired to take the requisite risks that lead to growth. He explains that Mountain Sun cultivates a core safe space and challenges students to go explore beyond preconceived limits, whether academically, creatively, or in the outdoors. The students come back and debrief with their teachers. As a writer, I appreciate the process – go explore, stretch, take risks and then fold it into your narrative. Repeat.To prevent tuition from becoming out of reach for some families, the school hosts fundraisers, its largest is an obstacle course race this coming Saturday, September 24, 2016 at the Brevard Music Center. Consistent with the school’s philosophy of preparing an environment that inspires, two courses nestled between mountains will lead participants through meadows and ponds. Transylvania Adventure Games or TAG includes vendors, food trucks, face painting, live music and more. This year boasts two courses. The main obstacle course will be 2.5 miles and include mental and physical challenges, including tunnels, rope webs, memory tests, walls to climb, beams to walk, and a water feature. Gift certificates will be presented for the top three finishes in the competitive category. There will also be a mini course, and the entire event meant to be inclusive, where participants can tailor the challenge.If you’re looking for a great way to kick-off your weekend in Western North Carolina, consider challenging yourself and remember, we become what we practice. By facing obstacles and staying present, we evolve into the strongest and best versions of ourselves.To learn more about this TAG, please visit tagracesonline.com.
When Thomas McDermott, managing partner for the Milton, Ga.-based Inver Consulting Group, surveys a credit union’s digital state of affairs, he often starts by looking at its website. “That’s the biggest branch they have,” he said. “The website generally tells you how far along they are in their digital evolution.”Of course, McDermott and industry pros like him don’t stop there. Websites aren’t the only way digital evolution is manifesting itself at credit unions, after all. Today, digital evolution encompasses mobile banking, data collection and analysis, core processing, marketing communications, human resources and virtually every other aspect of credit union management.But for a variety of reasons, some credit unions are much farther down the digital evolution path than others. Here are three things that McDermott and Jon Ungerland, COO of digital services firm DaLand CUSO, said many credit unions seem to be doing right when it comes to keeping up with digital evolution, and four missteps they see many credit unions taking. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
The current Ambassador of Georgia to Spain, Morocco, Algeria and Andorra, Zurab Pololikashvili, was appointed today the new Secretary General of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) for the period from 2018 to 2021, and Zurab Pololikashvili’s candidacy was presented by his country Georgia in accordance with the statute UNWTO.Zurab Pololikashvili was chosen by consensus during the XXII. the session of the UNWTO General Assembly to be held from 11 to 16 September 2017 in Chengdu, China, in accordance with recommendation 105 of the UNWTO Executive Council. “I am extremely glad and I would like to congratulate Zurab Pololikashvili on his election as Secretary General of the World Tourism Organization. I believe that his knowledge and experience will significantly contribute to the further progress of tourism as one of the world’s main drivers of socio-cultural and economic development. The Ministry of Tourism will continue, as before, to participate intensively in the work of the World Tourism Organization and thus contribute to even better networking, exchange of ideas, experiences and trends among many member states. “, said Tourism Minister Gary Cappelli on the occasion of the election of the new UNWTO Secretary General.Croatia has been a member of the World Tourism Organization since 1993 and hopes to continue good co-operation within the organization, led by newly elected Secretary General Pololikashvili.More and more tourists in the worldIn the first half of 2017, there were almost 600 million tourists in the world, which is 6 percent more than in the same period last year.The UNWTO announced its half-yearly results in world tourism in a new tourism barometer, noting that a 6 percent increase in foreign tourists means nearly 40 million more have traveled the world than in the past six months, the strongest increase since 2010. years.In all regions of the world in the first part of this year, the growth of foreign tourist arrivals was recorded, and the largest, by 9 percent, in the Middle East, while in Europe and Africa the number of tourists increased by 8 percent, in Asia, the Pacific 6 percent and in the Americas 3 percent.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Wenger has been out of work for 18 months (Picture: Getty)Asked if he’d be interested in the Bayern Munich job, Wenger told beIN SPORTS: ‘I came here to speak about the games and you start very strongly there, putting me straight under pressure!’AdvertisementAdvertisement‘Of course! [I’d be interested] Coaching was my whole life until now and everybody who has coached will tell you the same.‘You miss the intensity. There’s some things you miss a lot, and some things you don’t miss. So I enjoyed as well things I don’t miss too much. ‘But on the other hand, winning football games, preparing a team for a game, developing players and getting satisfaction and shared emotions is something that you miss‘So of course yes, I was responsible at 33 years of age and coached until 69 without interruption at top level. So that is 36 years without stopping. ‘So on the other hand, even if I miss it, to get a little bit out of that pressure for a year was not too bad for me – people who know me well say I’m more relaxed, it’s true!’MORE: Joe Cole compares Chelsea star Reece James to David Beckham after impressive display in Ajax comeback Arsene Wenger is favourite to take charge of Bayern Munich (Picture: Getty)Arsene Wenger is the frontrunner to be appointed Bayern Munich’s next manager after Ralf Rangnick rejected interest from the Bundesliga giants.Niko Kovac was sacked on Sunday after a successful but complicated 18 months at the Allianz Arena.Bayern had initially targetd Rangnick, head of sport and development at Red Bull Leipzig, but he has since intimated that he’s not interested in a move to Bavaria.With options thin on the ground, Bayern are now looking at hiring an interim manager for the remainder of the season before looking at a long-term solution and Wenger is now favourite.ADVERTISEMENTThe Frenchman confirmed on Tuesday that he was open to taking charge of the Bundesliga club. Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 6 Nov 2019 10:38 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.5kShares Advertisement Arsene Wenger favourite for Bayern Munich job after Ralf Rangnick declines interest Comment Advertisement
The Panama Canal Authority has launched an investigation into a collision involving two bulkers, which occurred in the morning hours of March 11.According to media reports, the vessels in question are the 37,700 dwt, 2018-built SE Nicky, and the 63,400 dwt Iolaos, built in 2016.The units, operated by Taiwan’s Sincere Industrial and Greek Lavinia Corporation, respectively, made contact in front of the locks of Pedro Miguel, according to La Prensa.However, the collision did not affect ship transits and both vessels continued their transit through the waterway. There were no reports of injuries to the vessels’ crews.“After attending the case according to security protocols, and as dictated by the operating rules of the Panama Canal, an investigation has been initiated to determine the causes of the incident,” the ACP said via social media.The vessels were transiting in the same direction. Following the incident both SE Nicky and Iolaos sailed to Panama’s Limon Bay Anchorage. AIS data provided by Marine Traffic shows that Iolaos is still anchored off Colón, while SE Nicky continued its voyage towards Port of Mobile, US. World Maritime News Staff
KARACHI: Former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar once again has spoken about things outside of cricket and this time he had something to say about the budget of the Pakistan Army. He feels that the annual budget of the armed forces should be increased significantly and for that civilian like him are even ready to make the necessary sacrifices. Akhtar also urged the chief of armed forces to work together with the civilians. “If Allah ever gives me the authority, I will eat grass myself but I will increase the budget of the army,” Akhtar said in an interview with ARY News. “I will ask my army chief to sit with me and make decisions. If the budget is 20 per cent, I will make it 60 per cent. If we insult each other, the loss is ours only,” he added. This isn’t the first time when Akhtar has said something with respect to the armed forces. Earlier, the speedster claimed that he had turned down a 175,000-pound county contract with Nottinghamshire to fight the 1999 war against India in Kargil. “People hardly know about this story. I had a 175,000-pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002, I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened,” Akhtar said. “I stood on the outskirts of Lahore. A general asked me what I’m doing there. I said war is about to start and we’ll die together. “I left county (cricket) twice like this and the counties were shocked. I wasn’t concerned about that. I called up my friends in Kashmir and told them I am ready to fight,” he added. IANS Also Watch: AASU, AJYCP, Gorkha Union Join Against CAA, EIA in Digboi