A 16-year-old boy and another man were shot and injured during an altercation in Northside District in Miami-Dade County late Thursday night.They have been identified by the Miami-Dade Police Department as Zackery Dixon, 16 and 55-year-old Brian C Zachary both of Miami, Florida. Dixon was critically injured in the incident.According to investigators just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday night, officers were dispatched to an apartment complex located at 4725 NW 24 Avenue, to reports of a juvenile shot. Responding officers discovered the juvenile suffering from apparent gunshot wounds to the groin, hands, and legs. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue personnel responded and transported the victim to the Ryder Trauma at Jackson Memorial Hospital, in critical condition.Further investigation revealed that Zachary was also shot during the altercation. Detectives say the 55 year old male was walking to a friend’s apartment when the shots rang out. The victim advised detectives he observed two males running away from the scene. Zachary drove himself to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Room with a gunshot wound to his forearm and buttock.
The United States Deputy Secretary of State, John J. Sullivan, cancelled a planned visit to Haiti where he would have held talks with Caribbean Community (CARICOM) leaders who were meeting there for the 29th inter-sessional summit of the regional movement.No reason given“Deputy Secretary Sullivan’s travel to Haiti has been postponed,” the State Department said in a statement without stating any reason.The State Department had earlier said that Sullivan would during his discussions with the regional leaders “focus discussions on issues of mutual interest to the United States and the Caribbean, including energy diversification, regional security and economic development.”The Caribbean leaders ended the two-day summit on Tuesday.“Enduring partner to the Caribbean”The State Department said that the United States is an enduring partner to the Caribbean, as underscored in the Caribbean 2020 strategy, which strengthens security, diplomacy, prosperity, energy, education and health in the region.”Sullivan was also due to have engaged with US Embassy staff, as well as representatives from the business community and civil society, and make a visit to the Haitian National Police School, which receives funding from the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement”.
Former prime minister of Barbados, Owen Arthur has warned Barbadians to be prepared for stringent economic policies regardless of which political party emerges victorious in the May 24 general election.Arthur, speaking at a news conference on Tuesday, told reporters that both the incumbent Democratic Labor Party (DLP) and the main opposition Barbados Labor Party (LP) would have to implement measures that would stimulate and turn around the ailing economy.Fundamental issues to be addressed “There are fundamental issues concerning the economy that Barbados has to address. I do not think that people quite appreciate what is the importance of the last report of the Governor of the Central Bank.“The period January to March is the best period of the year for the Barbados economy in respect of the raising of government revenues and as you know it is the period of the year when we make the most in relation to the earning of foreign exchange,” Arthur, the island’s longest serving prime minister said.Arthur, an economist, who announced his retirement from active politics earlier this year, said “any government that wants to be serious…cannot talk in terms of coming into office and taking the people (for a ride).Economy could go under“You cannot give away what you do not have and unless something is done quickly to stabilize this economy, the Barbados economy is going to go under,” Arthur said, adding “at the center of our economic problem is an economic and financial black hole”.
“The Executive Branch has not participated in the undermining of the electoral process and urges all countries interested in Guyana’s development to await the logical conclusion of the process which is being managed by the Elections Commission, in accordance with the Constitution of Guyana,’ it said, adding that it has “not interfered in the functioning of the Elections Commission” “Today I am announcing visa restrictions on individuals responsible for or complicit in undermining democracy in Guyana. Immediate family members of such persons may also be subject to such restrictions,” US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo said during a live press conference streaming on the U.S Department of State Facebook page. Misenga Jones, a private citizen, through her attorneys, led by Trinidad-based Senior Counsel, John Jeremie, wants the Court to prevent GECOM from using the recounted, valid and certified results to declare the results of the election and instead compel the seven-member body to use the 10 district declarations. CMC GEORGETOWN, Guyana – The Guyana government has said it regrets the decision taken by the United States to implement visa restrictions on persons undermining democracy” in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country where the official results of the March 2 regional and general elections are still being awaited. The government said it “regrets” the position of Washington. Lowenfield had earlier written to Singh indicating that he needed guidance as to whether the report should be premised on Section 18 of the Election Laws or on Article 177 (2) (b) of the Constitution. Current President of Guyana, David Granger But in a brief statement, the Granger government said that “the matter affecting the outcome of Guyana’s elections is still before courts, which is entirely the responsibility of the judiciary. No declaration has been made. Earlier, Chief Justice Roxane George-Wiltshire said she will begin hearing arguments on Friday in the case filed by a private citizen seeking to prevent the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) from receiving a report from the Chief Elections Officer, Keith Lowenfield, regarding the results of the disputed March 2 regional and general election. Last Friday, GECOM’s chairman, retired justice Claudette Singh had informed Lowenfield by letter that he should revisit her previous communication of July 9 to prepare his report that would start the process of releasing the official results of the elections “The (David) Granger Government must respect the result of democratic elections and step aside,” Pompeo said. She has named GECOM, its Chairman retired justice Claudette Singh and the Attorney General, Basil Williams. The GECOM chair has since rejected Lowenfield’s latest report. Justice George- Wiltshire, describing the case as one “of national interest and importance” and intends to give a ruling, hopefully by Sunday, noting “it all depends on what is presented”.
More to come shortly…RelatedManchester United Sign Serbian Midfielder Matic In £40m DealJuly 31, 2017In “England”Mourinho Rules Out Fellaini Exit, Confirms Matic DealJuly 30, 2017In “England”Pogba double give Manchester United win against HuddersfieldDecember 26, 2018In “England” Matic will be moving to a Jose Mourinho tutored side for the second time in his career, following the pair’s stint together at Chelsea when Mourinho signed Matic for £21m from Benfica in January 2014. Nemanja Matic’s reported £40m move from Chelsea to Manchester United seems to be almost done, as a picture of the Serbian in United’s training kit was leaked online.
Arsenal star Alex Iwobi produced a second half masterclass to help the Super Eagles of Nigeria earn a 4-2 comeback win over ‘long term’ nemesis Argentina.The Argentines had taken a 2-0 lead within eight first half minutes courtesy goals from Ever Banega and Sergio Aguero before Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho pulled one back for Gernot Rohr’s side on the stroke of halftime paving the way for a flawless second half performance from Iwobi.It took Iwobi seven minutes to make his mark after the halftime interval as he levelled proceedings for Nigeria. Debutant Brian Idowu added a third goal for the Eagles before Iwobi completed his brace 17 minutes from time to wrap up an Impressive 4-2 comeback victory against 2-time world champions Argentina. Related
Italian Serie A sides Cagliari and SPAL 2013 have crashed out of this season’s Coppa Italia following their respective home loss to lower oppositions.Cagliari were beaten 2-1 at the Stadio Sardegna by Serie C opponents Pordenone Calcio in their Round of 16 qualifying clash.Luis Mazza and Alessandro Basoli got the goals for the visitors while Daniel Dessena scored the home side’s lone strike. They will next face Inter Milan for a place in the quarterfinals next month.Goals from Pa Konate (own goal) and Andrea Schenetti secured a 2-0 victory for Cittadelia at SPAL 2013 and they will now travel to Lazio in the Round of 16. Unlike their fellow Serie A sides, Sampdoria didn’t have much problems as they dispatched Pescara 4-1 at home courtesy goals from Dawid Kownacki (2), Gaston Ramirez and Gianluca Caprari. The Serie A high flyers will face Fiorentina at the Stadio Artemio Franchi in the last 16 in December.RelatedSerie A week 12 PreviewNovember 4, 2017In “Europe”Serie A Review: Napoli Wrestle Top Spot From Juventus With Bologna Win As Milan Edge Lazio In Big ClashJanuary 29, 2018In “Europe”Serie A Review: Inter Pip Lazio To Final UCL Spot To End 6-Year WaitMay 21, 2018In “Europe”
StumbleUpon Submit Share DraftKings CBO – Industry ‘only just scratched the surface’ of US sports betting July 16, 2020 Related Articles Euroleague Basketball announced a new partnership this week which saw DraftKings become the Official Fantasy Partner for the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague.DraftKings will bring its expertise on board in order to help the EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge undergo a makeover and offer fans several new fantasy games and opportunities in both the EuroLeague and 7DAYS EuroCup.DraftKings is of course well versed as a basketball league partner, as it has been a major partner of the NBA for some time and this is one of the main sports in which the company built its brand and following in the States. The company, which launched in the UK in 2016, plans to develop a variety of fantasy products based on the EuroLeague, offering games with the most diverse and up-to-date features on the market for the upcoming 2017-18 season.DraftKings has collaborated on daily fantasy sports products with an array of professional leagues, including Major League Baseball, National Hockey League, NASCAR and the Canadian Football League. It also offers some limited esports options in the form of League of Legends.Jeffrey Haas, Chief International Officer at DraftKings told SBC News: “We are delighted to be partnering with Euroleague Basketball. They are an exceptional organisation with a massive passionate fan base, and ambitious plans for growth. We’re going to do some very exciting things together. Stay tuned for more news in October, as we’ll share more before the next season starts.”This is some great news for DraftKings at a complicated time. The proposed merger between DraftKings with the world’s other largest DFS company FanDuel hit some rocks recently as the US Federal Trade Commission moved to block it. This was based on concerns that a merger would mean ‘that the combined firm would control more than 90% of the U.S. market for paid daily fantasy sports contests.’ You can read this story in full here.DraftKings CEO Jason Robins said at the time: “We are disappointed by this decision and continue to believe that a merger is in the best interests of our players, our companies, our employees and the fantasy sports industry. We are considering all our options at this time.” Share Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 DraftKings expands Sportradar partnership to launch mobile live streaming May 29, 2020
Related Articles StumbleUpon Share UK government backs £100m RET commitment from ‘big four’ June 15, 2020 After 24 hours of turmoil in the Conservative Party, a Cabinet reshuffle saw the former Attorney General, Jeremy Wright appointed to the role of Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). The MP for Kenilworth and Southam replaced Matt Hancock in the role, who departed to take over as Health Secretary, after Jeremy Hunt took over as Foreign Secretary, as Boris Johnson tenured his resignation in protest over the Prime Minister’s Brexit proposals. Having been appointed to the role, Wright issued the following statement on his Facebook page: “Very excited to be starting a new job this morning as Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, a department whose work has a huge impact on our heritage, the things we enjoy now and on our national future.”In a comment issued after Wright’s hiring, The Association of British Bookmakers (ABB) emphasised: “We look forward to working with the new Secretary of State, Jeremy Wright QC, MP to ensure a sustainable and responsible retail betting industry.“Betting shops are facing a massive threat as the new maximum stake on gaming machines will result in thousands of shop closures, job losses and significant economic consequences for horse and greyhound racing.“It is vital that we work with the Secretary of State and his department to mitigate these impacts where possible and ensure that betting shops remain one of the safest environments in which to gamble in the UK.” Share Jason Shiers, UKAT – Progress on problem gambling requires a deeper consciousness July 22, 2020 Submit BHA cautious on racing resumption date amid mid-May rumours May 6, 2020
Share StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles InsiderSport: On The Ball – China to host 2021 FIFA Club World Cup October 25, 2019 Top 50 clubs suffer €751m decline in brand value July 31, 2020 Sky and BT prepare for Champions League media rights battle November 11, 2019 Share Manchester City has announced a new partnership in the UK and Asia Pacific with tappit, a solution that provides cashless experiences at events.The deal will explore the use of this technology at club events across the world, including global live screenings and mass participation events.The partnership acts as an affirmation of City’s commitment to digital innovation, with the technology enabling fans to have a better experience at an event via easy-to-use cashless payment methods. Insights generated by the technology also provide the Club with the opportunity for continuous development based on fan usage.Manchester City will work with tappit to offer a variety of added-value features for fans, with tappit’s worldwide footprint meaning the Club’s global fanbase will also benefit from this new partnership during live experiences throughout the season.Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of Partnerships at City Football Group, commented: “Manchester City is excited to be entering this partnership with tappit, whose cashless technology has proven popular at many live events. The partnership comes at a time where football and technology are more closely linked than ever before – working with tappit will certainly help us utilise this.“We want our fans to enjoy interacting with the Club when attending one of our many live events around the world and we hope this partnership will give our fans some great new experiences.”Jason Thomas, CEO at tappit added:“We are delighted to be working with Manchester City and its fanbase across the world. We are committed to helping clubs deepen relationships with their supporters and Manchester City shares our vision to deliver an incredible fan experience. On top of this, the fact that they are a truly global organisation matches both our ambition and geographic reach, making them the perfect sporting partner.”