On Friday, Micromax launched the iOne smartphone in India at a competitive price tag of Rs 4,999. Considering the price looks like with the iOne Micromax is looking to take on the likes of phones like Realme C2, Xiaomi Redmi 6A. Interestingly, a phone so cheap comes with a notched display similar to the iPhone X. This is one of the key highlights of the Micromax iOne. Interested buyers can get the Micromax iOne. The phone is already on sale.For the Micromax iOne the smartphone brand has partnered with UNISOC. The phone is powered by India’s first UNISOC SC9863 Octacore chipset. Micromax says, UNISOC SC9863 Octacore chipset will “allow the users to experience the best-in-class technology at an affordable price point. Enabling high-performance AI operations and high-precision 3D imaging, the new smartphone is a perfect confluence of compelling design, display, superlative camera and ideal performance at an extremely attractive price.”Commenting on the launch of the Micromax iOne, Sunil Joon, Head Strategy, Micromax Informatics Ltd. said, “We understand that consumers today demand a complete package – a smartphone that has a good camera, screen that is large enough for content viewing, battery that lasts a day and great aesthetics – all at an affordable price point. Keeping those requirements in mind, our newest #iOne Notch Display hosts a 19:9 Notch screen that ensures more content is displayed without the edges being cut. Additionally, our newest offering also packs a powerful 2 GB RAM and Octacore processor for maximising the experience of our users. Micromax, since its inception, has always stood for democratizing technology at affordable price points. Continuing to build on that vision, the newest addition to the Micromax family will make the new #iOne a sought-after purchase for consumers across the country.”advertisementAs far as the other specs are concerned, the Micromax iOne comes packed with a 5.45-inch HD display that offers an aspect ratio of 19:9. As noted earlier the phone comes with a notched display. The Micromax iOne includes 2200mAh battery and sports 5MP camera sensor on both front and back. On the rear as well as on the front panel the single camera is paired with LED flash. The phone comes in only one variant with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. Interestingly the phone runs Android 9 Pie software.ALSO READ | PUBG Season 7 Battle Pass available with free update, game now has over 100 active million usersALSO READ | Robert Downey Jr. will help OnePlus sell OnePlus 7 Pro, calls new phone truly impressiveALSO READ | This is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S in Red, Flipkart availability confirmed
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Klopp on Liverpool title-run: We’ll enjoy the rideby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJurgen Klopp says Liverpool will “enjoy the ride” as they look to claim their first top-flight title win in close to 30 years.The Reds can extend their gap at the top of the table to nine points with a win over third-placed Manchester City at the Etihad tonight.Klopp isn’t willing to put any pressure on his players and insists they will take everything as it comes.”Now, we are in a really good moment, that’s true, but we have to go to Manchester City and play all the other big ones apart from Arsenal,” Klopp told Gary Neville on Sky Sports.”It’s football. I don’t need to know now what will be in May. Who can’t really live with the time between now and May? Go on holiday and switch everything off then come back in May and see what happened. I cannot change that. I don’t want to. I want to enjoy the ride until May!”For us, the target was to qualify for the Champions League and even that is not sure because the others can win 17 games in a row.”We have to only be focused on us and that’s what we do and so far, the mood in the club and around has got better and better. We will see where that leads us to.”
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say PSG midfielder Ander Herrera: No Man Utd player believed they could winby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the lovePSG midfielder Ander Herrera has spoken of his move from Manchester United.The Spaniard insists there was no concern arriving, despite United knocking PSG out of the Champions League last season.Herrera stated: “It’s not difficult to get to PSG from Manchester United because I have the opportunity to play for an incredible club, but what happened last season is not normal. “Even among the players, no one thought they could win this game. “Football is like that, sometimes if you sleep two or three minutes, you are punished.”
Governor-General, His Excellency, the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen, has reiterated his call for more Jamaicans to provide mentorship for boys across the island.At the Jamaica Teaching Council’s Boys’ Mentorship Training Programme, which took place at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts in Kingston on June 20, the Governor-General said mentorship can save the lives of many of the nation’s boys who are at-risk.He emphasised that for more at-risk lives to be saved, more Jamaicans are needed to become mentors.“I am particularly interested in mentorship, as it is something very personal to me. All my life I have been mentored, and I have been mentoring young people, whether through teaching, pastoring or administrative leadership,” the Governor-General said.He noted that the age group nine to 25 accounts for 50 per cent of the population of Jamaica, and that successive governments continue to grapple with the chronic problem of the at- risk young men, aged 16 to 25, who are unemployed and unemployable.“Although many intervention programmes have been introduced, these have only scratched the surface of how to treat with these young people. The sociologists will tell you that there is a direct link between these unattached youth and crime,” he added.The Governor-General said the Jamaica Teaching Council has set a good example by hosting the three-day Mentorship Training Programme, where educators and others who work with boys participate, with the objective of training them to better reach youth who are at-risk across the island.“I am pleased that the Jamaica Teaching Council has recognised, and is doing something tangible about improving boys’ education in Jamaica. As you build on this base, and conduct this mentorship programme, I hope that more young men will become involved and will benefit,” he said.The Governor-General had words of encouragement for the young men who were present.“Young men, you are in this mentorship programme because people care about you and want you to be the best that you can be. In spite of the challenges faced by young men your age, you also have the greatest promise and potential for Jamaica. I see here, young men who will be the leaders of tomorrow. We could have among us a Councillor, Member of Parliament, Pastor, PrimeMinister, or even a Governor-General. Your mentors want you to become good citizens, efficient professionals, caring husbands and responsible fathers,” he said. “I am particularly interested in mentorship, as it is something very personal to me. All my life I have been mentored, and I have been mentoring young people, whether through teaching, pastoring or administrative leadership,” the Governor-General said. Governor-General, His Excellency, the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen, has reiterated his call for more Jamaicans to provide mentorship for boys across the island. Story Highlights At the Jamaica Teaching Council’s Boys’ Mentorship Training Programme, which took place at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts in Kingston on June 20, the Governor-General said mentorship can save the lives of many of the nation’s boys who are at-risk.
NEW YORK, N.Y. – The Weinstein Co., mired in a sex scandal, may be putting itself up for sale.The company said Monday that it is getting an immediate cash infusion from Colony Capital and is in negotiations for the potential sale of all or a significant portion of the movie studio responsible for films like “Shakespeare in Love,” and “Gangs of New York.”Co-founder Harvey Weinstein was fired by the company last week following allegations of sexual harassment and assault. The allegations span decades.The fallout has been swift, with Weinstein issuing a lengthy and seemingly tone-deaf apology while losing various honours. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has revoked his membership.
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — California voters have narrowly approved a ballot measure banning short-term vacation rentals in residential neighbourhoods outside downtown South Lake Tahoe beginning in three years.The ballot measure came in response to growing concerns about parking congestion and noise at rental homes on the alpine lake along the Nevada state line.The ban effective in 2020 affects about 1,400 short-term rentals outside South Lake Tahoe’s commercial tourist corridor. They still can be rented for up to 30 days a year.The city estimates the new ban will cost the local economy about $4 million annually in tourist tax dollars.An estimated 400 short-term rentals inside the corridor are exempt. The ban also doesn’t affect neighbouring Stateline, Nevada.The final results released by El Dorado County on Wednesday showed the measure passing with 50.42 per cent of the vote, 3,517 to 3,459.The Associated Press
Residents of the building were evacuated to the Pomeroy Sport Centre, which was also set up to receive evacuated homeowners from the Tommy Lakes fire north of Prespatou.As we get more information about the fire, we will post updates here. If you have any pictures or video to share email firstname.lastname@example.org FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Fire Department responded to a fire at the Ridgeview Apartment building on 86 street at around 11 p.m. Saturday night.The fire caused the entire building to be evacuated and part of 86 street to be closed while officials fought the fire.The official cause is not known at this time, but eyewitnesses suggest it started on a balcony of one apartment building. 1 of 6 Firefighters battle a fire at the Ridgeview Village Apartment building last Saturday night. Submitted photo.
Approximately 4.2 kilograms of CocaineApproximately 250 grams of Fentanyl PowderApproximately 270 Fentanyl tabletsApproximately 1950 Oxycodone tabletsApproximately 22.5 litres of GHB/RohypnolApproximately $4000 in Canadian Currency4 firearmsGeorge Osbaldo Goday-Guerra, 24 of Surrey, British Columbia is facing the following charges;Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 4Trafficking a controlled substancePossession of property obtained by crime under $5000Possession of a prohibited weapon/deviceUnauthorized possession of a prohibited/restricted firearmObstruction of a Peace OfficerMr. Godoy-Guerra remains in custody and scheduled to appear at Grande Prairie Provincial Court on March 20, 2019.Grande Prairie RCMP is committed to increasing community safety by using a crime reduction strategy that focuses on identifying repeat offenders, gathering intelligence, and conducting enforcement initiatives. GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – The Grande Prairie RCMP executed two warrants and seized over $615,000 worth of illegal drugs.On March 17, 2019, Grande Prairie RCMP Municipal Drug Section along with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services, ALERT and Grande Prairie General Duty members, executed 2 Search warrants in the City of Grande Prairie and the Town of Wembley following a drug investigation.RCMP searched both residences and located approximately $615,000 worth of illegal drugs. Canadian currency and firearms were also located during the search. The following items were seized as a result of the investigation;
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – With 3,186 people working on the project in January up from 3,107 in December, work continues on the Site C Dam project.Below is a copy of the construction schedule for the next two weeks;Dam site area – north (left) bank and south (right) bank Work will take place during the day, night, and on the weekend until the project is completed. During this time, residents can expect the following:• Heavy machinery will be in the transmission line corridor. For your safety, please stay clear of the work areas.• There will be project-related traffic on public and resource roads, including petroleum development roads.• Trucks with heavy loads will be accessing the dam site and other project areas. This includes Highway 29 at Cache Creek and Halfway River. Please use caution when meeting a pilot car and observe all warning signs.• Helicopters and commercial drones may be used to support investigative and construction works.• Some noise and vibration may occur near the dam site and work areas, including the quarries. Pile driving may take place near the 85th Avenue Industrial Lands.• There may be smoke in various areas as a result of planned burning. Burning will only take place when permitted by ground conditions, the fire danger rating, and venting conditions.• For your safety, please stay clear of active in-river work areas along the Peace and Moberly rivers. These areas are clearly identified with signage and markings.To view the bulletin; CLICK HERE • Contractors will continue to move equipment and material to the site. This includes deliveries by rail.• Contractors are continuing construction and operations in their work areas. This includes the main civil works, generating station and spillways civil works, turbines and generators, and substation.• Water management activities may take place.• Excavation, including in-river excavation, will progress on both banks of the Peace River.• Construction activities, such as drilling, blasting, crushing, earth moving, tunnelling, concrete placement, and road maintenance, will continue. Tower and mobile cranes will be used on site.• Site preparation will continue at the 85th Avenue Industrial Lands. Work has begun on building the conveyor that will deliver fill material to the dam site. Work activities will occur between the hours of 7 a.m to 7 p.m, seven days a week, and may include excavating, compacting soil and equipment and materials delivery. Additionally, periodic sweeping or dust suppression on Road 240 may occur.Highway 29 • At Halfway River, clearing and vegetation removal is almost complete. Some work will continue including log hauling, mulching, chipping and burning debris. Environmental and wildlife monitoring is ongoing.• At Farrell Creek and near Dry Creek west of Farrell Creek Road, geotechnical investigations may begin. This could include drilling, digging test pits, surveying, minor vegetation removal, and some traffic control.• At Portage Mountain Quarry, site investigations and surveys will continue in preparation for site clearing and road building.• Clearing activities will be complete by the end of March. Wood waste may be chipped, mulched, spread as coarse woody debris, hauled off-site, or burned.• Electrical distribution poles may be temporarily moved in the Cache Creek West area.Reservoir area• Forestry and access road data collection and site investigations will continue near and along the reservoir area.• Wood waste may be chipped, mulched, spread as coarse woody debris, hauled off-site, or burned.Transmission works• Maintenance work will continue on roads that provide access to parts of the transmission corridor.• Material and equipment are being delivered to the marshalling yard at Moberly Lake.• Site investigations, including stripping and data recovery of archaeological sites, geotechnical work, and structure staking, may take place.• Upgrades will continue at Peace Canyon Generating Station.Other areas• Work is occurring downstream of the dam site for the Peace River side channel enhancements.• Aggregate and riprap production will continue in West Pine Quarry. The material will be transported by rail and road to the dam site.What to expect
New Delhi: Resident doctors of North Delhi Municipal Corporation-run Hindu Rao hospital went on an indefinite strike Monday over “recurring problem” of non-payment of salaries, partially affecting health services at the facility.They said they tried to operate a parallel Out Patient Department (OPD) but the hospital authorities prevented them from doing so. The doctors wrote to the President of India seeking his permission for “suicide”. In the letter, the doctors said, “Our situation has turned pathetic and we are unable to take care of our families. We do not even have money for food… So we seek your permission for suicide.” Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarThe doctors say they have not been paid salaries for three months. They demanded that the hospital be handed over to the central government, if the local government and the municipal corporation are unable to run it. “Its not just a question of three months’ salaries, we are facing this recurring problem. The Delhi government and the NDMC should give up this hospital if they cannot ensure regular payment to the staff. “We need a permanent solution of the problem,” said Rahul Chaudhary, president of the hospital’s Resident Doctors Association. A senior NDMC official said the salaries of resident doctors were delayed because funds were not released on time by the Delhi government.