The sun shone on Stranorlar for the last few days for what proved to be some very exciting filming for the local Mc Menamin family.Following a national search some months ago Dylan, Kate and Emily children of Damien and Daireen, were selected to star in a new TV Series for RTE.A very rigorous audition process took place over a month including multiple auditions such as a half-hour long skype interview with the children who are clients of The Karen Gorman Academy of Speech and Drama & Casting Agency. Indeed Sky the dog was also auditioned in what proved to be a most successful process.Karen said “I knew instantly that the Mc Menamin family were the ideal candidates. They excel in every possible way and achieve incredible results always.“They are the kindest, most modest children with a most admirable work ethic, what a winning combination! This is no surprise to anyone who knows their adoring parents and grandparents.“We were informed that we had the highest number of children shortlisted from any agency nationally. I am so delighted with this.” This was a massive project and Dylan, Kate & Emily excelled from the outset even with 6.30am starts.A crew of 20 professionals travelled to Donegal to film where they were spoiled with kindness and hospitality!Karen added “We are overjoyed that we are the only county beyond Dublin and Galway to be represented in the new TV series. The very kind Katie Herron of the Donegal ladies made a surprise visit to Kate yesterday on the grounds of Mc Cumhaills, Stranorlar. We cannot reveal the exact details yet but the launch will take place during October this year.”Stranorlar family film secret RTE television series was last modified: August 1st, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Get 49ers news in your inbox. Sign up now for the free 49ers HQ newsletter.SAN JOSE — Business picks up next Wednesday for the 49ers. And, most likely, for Reuben Foster.A couple miles up First Street and a couple hours before the 49ers hold their state-of-the-franchise address in San Jose, a judge plans to rule whether Foster must stand trial on felony charges of domestic violence and assault-weapon possession.Foster’s three-month saga from a domestic dispute gained more clarity with …
As part of the programme, old coaches are also being refurbished, as well as revamping and modernising stations and signalling. A request for proposals was put out by Prasa in April for local companies to outline the design of a new train. Montana believed the country had to use this investment to revitalise its local industry, and a condition in the request for proposals stated that 65% of components must be manufactured in South Africa.‘Revitalising local industry’ Montana said he expected that this would create about 75 000 jobs, as well as boost the number of artisan skills in the country. A black economic empowerment (BEE) programme for the building of the new coaches would be announced shortly and Montana assured the committee that there would be a “huge stake for black businesses” – up to 40%. “Workers, disabled people and women must also be involved,” he said. Prasa is also refurbishing hundreds of coaches a year and about 15% of all train sets had been refurbished so far, he said, at a cost of about R7-million per coach. This financial year will see the overhauling of 530 coaches, at a cost of R2-billion, up from 200 coaches a year a few years ago. Added to this, Prasa would invest R7-billion into a modern signalling system and Siemens had already been appointed to carry out some of the work. In the long-term, onboard train protection – an electronic system which takes over from the driver should the driver not take action or should he have a heart attack – would also be installed.Safer, cleaner stations Montana said Prasa would also carry out 98 station improvement projects this financial year to improve safety and cleanliness. At some stations community members have been trained and have been assisted to set up co-operatives to clean stations. Modern speed gates, to the value of R1.9-billion, would also be set up at various stations across the country ahead of the introduction of a single transport card for bus and train commuters. According to Montana, Prasa would extend rail lines and a number of projects would be developed, including a Johannesburg-Durban High Speed Rail link – to reduce travel time between the two cities to three hours. Other projects include the Moloto Rail Corridor and the Johannesburg-Queenstown- Mthatha Rail project, of which R450-million had been committed over the next three years, which included the construction of eight stations. Rail links to Cape Town International Airport and King Shaka International Airport had also been proposed. South Africa, he said, could no longer afford to fall behind the rest of the world, having already missed several “rail revolutions” – including the introduction of modern commuter trains and high-speed trains in other countries. Source: BuaNews 20 June 2012 Plans to give South Africa’s passenger rail services a complete overhaul are on track as a preferred bidder for the building of 7 224 new trains will be announced in November, Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa) chief executive Lucky Montana says. Briefing the National Council of Provinces’ (NCOP) select committee on public services in Cape Town on Tuesday, Montana said that the first of the new trains manufactured as part of Prasa’s 20-year fleet renewal programme are expected to be running in 2014.
MOST READ Aside from his candid commentary, the former NBA player is notorious for bringing out the Philippines’ famed cleaning tool during playoff times—which perfectly signifies going winless in a best-of-seven playoff series.Speaking alongside fellow analysts Heather Cox, Michael Wibon and Chauncey Billups prior to tip-off of Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the San Antonio Spurs on Monday (Tuesday in Manila), the 2000 NBA Most Improved Player once again brought out the broom to signify the Spurs’ demise.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting“I have as much respect for the Spurs as anybody, that’s why I’m not gonna wave it very high,” Rose said referring to the “walis tambo,” which he wrongly identified as its outside counterpart, the “walis tingting.”“But I have to get out the walis-walis, tingting tambo, because the Spurs will be getting swept this evening.” The 2017 NBA Playoffs have been filled with landslide victories or “sweeps,” and ESPN analyst Jalen Rose has surely taken notice.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES View comments His comical gesture was warranted, as the Warriors indeed swept the Spurs, catapulting themselves to a 12-0 post-season record and into their third straight NBA Finals appearance.READ: Warriors set 12-0 record for 3rd straight trip to NBA FinalsCome post-game, Rose once again proudly waved the “walis tambo.”“My Filipino family, fans, and friends wanted me to bring out the walis, walis, tingting,” he said. Khristian Ibarrola /raJalen Rose calls the GSW sweep tonight! Where the Filipino homies at! Lol. pic.twitter.com/XFP3ecK4JiADVERTISEMENT Man who told immigrant to go back to country asked to write essay SEA Games: PH beats Indonesia, enters gold medal round in polo Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students PLAY LIST 01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games 250 enrolled at phony school arrested in immigration scam Lillard, Anthony lead Blazers over Thunder — Warriors Talk (@JaeAzizi) May 23, 2017 Hornets beat Pistons for 8th straight time LOOK: Vhong Navarro’s romantic posts spark speculations he’s marrying longtime GF Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Warriors ready for third straight NBA Finals appearance
Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Anil Kumble has described his side’s nine-wicket crushing of underdogs Guyana in their opening Champions League Twenty20 match here as a “perfect game” with his players coming up with an all-round show.”It was a perfect game. We came up with an all-round show. The bowlers did a great job to restrict Guyana to 103 and then the batsmen finished off the match in style. It is good feeling that we have started the tournament with a win,” Kumble said after RCB’s nine-wicket victory.He said once the Guyana top-order, including captain Ramnaresh Sarwan, were out cheaply, his players knew they had a chance to restrict the opposition to a small total.”The first couple of overs were critical. Once Sarwan was out cheaply, the pressure was on them. When we chased the thought was always there to end the match fast (to boost the net run-rate], but you needed solid platform too. Rahul and Kallis did just that for Robin to be able to tee off,” he said.”The players got enough time at the middle and I am hoping that we would do well in the coming matches,” he added.Guyana captain Ramnaresh Sarwan admitted that once his side put up just 100-odd runs they knew it won’t be enough against a star-studded RCB side.”We did not put enough runs on the board. We lost early wickets and that put the pressure on us. There was not just enough runs to defend,” he said.advertisement”But majority of the players have never played in these conditions, and it is a learning experience. But we really need to learn fast,” he added.Man of the Match Jacques Kallis was happy that he could play a big role in his side’s win after coming off from an injury.”I am coming back from a back injury, so I couldn’t put too much work in the lead-up to the tournament. I am happy with my performance,” he said.”The team has got fantastic preparation in lead-up to the tournament. Credit should go to coach Ray (Jennings). We got good nets, good net bowlers.
Bank of Jamaica (BoJ) Governor, Brian Wynter, is reporting a US$113 million increase in the country’s Net International Reserves (NIR).The figure is US$997.3 million as at May 10, compared to US$884.3 million at the end of March.Mr. Wynter attributed the improvement to “substantial” purchases of foreign exchange from the market by the BoJ, as well as the initial disbursement of US$207.2 million to Jamaica by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), under the recently concluded four-year Extended Fund Facility (EFF).The BoJ Governor, who was addressing the Central Bank’s quarterly briefing at its downtown Kingston offices on Wednesday, May 15, informed that the NIR declined by US$241.3 million at the end of the January to March quarter, consequent on several factors.These, he explained, included growing uncertainty about the timing and content of the pending EFF and anxieties about the administration’s ability to finance debt payments that were due in February.“These concerns were reflected in a sharp decline in net private capital flows to the economy for the quarter…(and)..increased…depreciation in the (value of the Jamaica dollar against the US dollar),” the Governor pointed out.At the same time, there was continued decline in foreign exchange net demand for external trade in goods and services.“This decline was largely related to estimated reductions in payments for consumer goods and raw materials,” Mr. Wynter said.The Governor said consequent on the IMF disbursement and the BoJ’s purchases, the uncertainties in the foreign exchange market during the January to March quarter “have now waned”.He contended that these, along with market expectations of increased foreign currency inflows and the projected dividends on longer tenure instruments introduced in the market in April by the BoJ, have also resulted in an appreciation of the dollar since the middle of that month.The one-year US dollar-indexed note and three variable rate instruments together, absorbed some $12 billion.“The NIR is expected to continue to increase gradually over the (2013/14) fiscal year due to growth in multilateral inflows as well as incremental improvements in net private capital flows. The Bank of Jamaica remains committed to providing an orderly market for foreign exchange and will take the necessary actions to maintain order,” the Governor assured.Mr. Wynter contended that “orderly” movements in the exchange rate, which enhance price competitiveness, will help to create an environment, which facilitates “strong and sustained” growth in exports and import substitution. These, he said, are “key objectives” of the Government’s medium-term macro-economic programme.Contact: Douglas McIntosh