MOST READ James’ representatives at Klutch Sports Group tweeted a photo of James signing his contract with Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka. James’ agency already announced last week that the superstar had agreed to a four-year deal worth $153.3 million with Los Angeles.Officially signed with the @Lakers @KingJames pic.twitter.com/A5jHZxXEP4FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’— Klutch Sports Group (@KlutchSports) July 10, 2018 “This is a historic moment for the Lakers, and we could not feel more grateful and honored,” Pelinka said. “When LeBron James — a perennial NBA MVP and champion who is playing at the most astonishing levels of his career — chooses to join the Lakers, it serves as the ultimate validation for what we are building here. However, we all know that the work is not yet done.”James’ arrival is indeed validation for Johnson and Pelinka, who took over the Lakers’ front office in February 2017 with a specific plan to rebuild the franchise by persuading established superstars to join as free agents.The Lakers already have begun assembling a revamped team around James by acquiring Rajon Rondo, JaVale McGee and Lance Stephenson in free agency while retaining guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Los Angeles also assembled a reasonably talented young core before James’ arrival with Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.But they didn’t even get a meeting with star scorer Paul George before the Southern California native re-signed with Oklahoma City, and their efforts to acquire disgruntled two-way superstar Kawhi Leonard from San Antonio haven’t borne fruit so far.The Lakers don’t appear to be planning a public event to welcome James to Los Angeles, where he already owns multiple homes and spends summers with his family.Haven’t been to a pizza party in a minute 🤔 Culver City? 👀🍕 https://t.co/1QxgALyekK— LeBron James (@KingJames) July 9, 2018But Blaze Pizza — the growing pizza chain in which James is an investor — announced a three-hour pizza giveaway on Tuesday to welcome James to LA.LeBron responded with a tweet , his first since June 26: “Haven’t been to a pizza party in a minute … Culver City?” Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names LATEST STORIES Bonded by similar paths, Jokic and Barton sign big NBA deals ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West The Lakers have missed the playoffs in a franchise-record five consecutive seasons, while James has played in the past eight NBA Finals with the Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers, winning three titles.The 33-year-old budding entertainment mogul immediately becomes the focus of the Lakers franchise and a possible foundation for the NBA’s next superteam, depending on whether James and the Lakers can persuade more superstars to join him in the next year or two.Magic Johnson, the Lakers’ president of basketball operations, called James “the best player in the world” in a news release.“He loves to compete and is an awesome leader who is about winning and making sure that his teammates are successful,” Johnson said. “The Lakers players are excited to have a teammate who has been to nine NBA Finals. It’s a huge step closer to returning the Lakers to the playoffs and to the NBA Finals.”James is coming off one of his greatest NBA seasons, playing in all 82 regular-season games for the Cavaliers while finishing third in the NBA with 27.5 points per game and hitting career highs with 8.6 rebounds and 9.1 assists. He then carried Cleveland to its fourth consecutive NBA Finals, where the Cavs were swept by Golden State.ADVERTISEMENT Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View comments Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team LOS ANGELES — It’s official. LeBron is a Laker.The Los Angeles Lakers announced the signing of LeBron James as a free agent Monday night, confirming the seismic shift created by the four-time NBA Most Valuable Player’s decision to leave Cleveland for the 16-time champion franchise on the West Coast.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) recently announced this year’s deadline for producer applications for the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) is March 31.March 31 is also the deadline by which initial applications are needed from farmers with expiring 2012-2016 contracts if they want to renew them for another five years. Some 12 million acres already in the program are eligible for renewal this year.“CSP is a continuous sign-up program, and producers can apply to enroll at any time of the year,” said Traci Bruckner, Senior Policy Associate for Agriculture and Conservation at the Center for Rural Affairs. “NRCS applies a cut-off date for applications to be considered during a particular fiscal year. Once the cut-off date is past, producers may continue to apply, but they will not be considered for entry until the spring of the following year. To enroll in 2016, you must file your application by March 31.”The Conservation Stewardship Program is a voluntary stewardship incentives program administered by NRCS. It rewards farmers, ranchers, and foresters for maintaining existing conservation and for adopting additional measures that run beyond the farm or ranch.CSP pays producers for clean water, better soil management, improved habitat, energy efficiency, and other natural resource benefits. Since the program began in 2009, nearly 70 million acres of farm and ranch land have been enrolled in the program.To sign up, farmers and ranchers should visit their NRCS local service center and submit their basic application form by the March 31 deadline. To find a local service center visit: http://offices.sc.egov.usda.gov/locator/app?agency=nrcs“Once a farmer or rancher’s initial application is accepted by NRCS, they are then scored based on current and planned future conservation activities,” added Bruckner. “If applicants meet acceptable conservation levels, they become eligible to compete in a ranking process that determines who will receive contracts. NRCS works down through the list of eligible applicants until acreage allocated to the particular state for that particular year runs out.”2012 Contracts Up for RenewalMarch 31 is also the deadline for CSP contract holders who enrolled in 2012 to renew. CSP contracts last for five years and can be renewed for an additional five years, extending and building upon their previous conservation efforts and current level of stewardship.Existing CSP contracts enrolled in 2012 will expire later this year if they are not renewed by March 31. Producers should act now to ensure a seamless transition into another five-year contract and avoid any lapse in payments.Approximately 12 million acres and 8,000 contracts are up for renewal this year. To see the number of contracts and acres set to expire in each state: http://goo.gl/y1NZwW. The map below shows the total number of acres that were originally enrolled in 2012, which are set to expire at the end of the year if not renewed before March 31.
Terming the Central government’s notification of tougher rules for sale of cattle for slaughter as ridiculous, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday asked all gau rakshaks (cow protection groups) to open special cow shelters first for abandoned cows and bulls. “They (gau rakshak groups) should first be sensitive towards abandoned cows and bulls loitering on the roads, especially on the roads of Uttar Pradesh and open special cow shelters to take care of them…otherwise, all this overdrive in the name of cow protection will be bakwas (ridiculous),” Mr. Kumar said, speaking to journalists on the sidelines of his weekly Lok Samvad programme.In a veiled reference to the BJP government in neighbouring U.P., Mr Kumar said, “U.P. has the highest number of cows dying after eating plastic… abandoned cows and bulls can be seen loitering more on the national highways in that State.”Topper scandalOn the Intermediate topper scandal, Mr. Kumar said, “Necessary steps to improve the education system in the State will be taken.” He, however, blamed some people from Bihar itself for spoiling the image of the State.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s fifth Champions League hat-trick inspired Real Madrid to a 3-0 comeback victory over VfL Wolfsburg on Tuesday that clinched a place in the semi-finals for a sixth successive season.The prolific Portuguese got the 10-times European champions, 2-0 down from the first leg, off to a perfect start by tapping in Daniel Carvajal’s cross after 16 minutes and heading a second goal less than a minute later from Toni Kroos’ corner.Ronaldo capped a 3-2 win on aggregate when he curled in a free kick after 77 minutes, his 16th goal in this season’s competition taking him within touching distance of his record of 17 in 2013-14.He also equalled Barcelona rival Lionel Messi’s record of five Champions League trebles as he took his goal tally in all competitions this season to 46.”It’s a day for celebration,” said Real coach Zinedine Zidane. “We won with character, fight and effort and I’m very proud of the players.”The sensation is of a job well done because it wasn’t easy. It was a special night…I’m very happy with the players because they did a phenomenal job.”Zidane’s only change from the first leg was to replace the much-criticised Danilo at right back with Carvajal.Opposite number Dieter Hecking kept the same lineup that served him so well at the Wolfsburg Arena.GREAT FIGHTBACKSReal have a reputation for staging great fightbacks in Europe but they had not overturned a first-leg deficit in the Champions League since 2002 when Zidane, as a player, helped them beat Bayern Munich 2-0 at the Bernabeu after a 2-1 reverse.advertisementThe home team’s intent was clear when defender Sergio Ramos headed the ball against the crossbar early on and they soon started turning the tie back in their favour. Carvajal vindicated Zidane’s decision when he beat Julian Draxler to the ball in midfield before setting up Ronaldo’s opening goal. Wolfsburg tried to recover and they missed a couple of chances to get on the scoresheet.The 31-year-old Ronaldo, top scorer this season in La Liga and the Champions League, had different ideas though and he sent the Bernabeu crowd wild with delight by scoring twice more.”It was a fantastic night,” said Real full back Marcelo. “The fans were phenomenal and without them we wouldn’t have been able to turn the game around.”In the Champions League you have to suffer. No team gets to the semi-finals without suffering.”
Tags Amazon Prime HBO Amazon Hulu Netflix Audio (weekly): RSS | iTunes | Google PlayVideo (monthly): iTunes (HD) | iTunes (HQ) | iTunes (SD) | RSS (HD) | RSS (HQ)| RSS (SD) Share your voice Netflix teases Stranger Things season 3 in new trailer TV and Movies Home Entertainment Will Barry try a third career as a reporter? HBO Welcome back to your guide to finding out what’s new online. Every week, we put together a podcast that lets you know what’s been added to services like Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now. The audio is about a minute or two long.Since you’re reading this, let’s give you some extra information not found in the podcast: Episodes of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood have arrived online at the new MisterRogers.org. More episodes will be added twice a month on Mondays. Want to know what else is new? Listen to this guy: Barry and Santa Clarita Diet are back for your amusement Post a comment Your browser does not support the audio element. For more information on what’s available to watch online, check out CNET.com/Netpicks or subscribe to the podcast — it’s free! And go to TVGuide.com to see what else is out in the world of streaming. Now playing: Watch this: Netpicks Cord Cutters (OTT) 0 2:50
By Jamesia Downer, AFRO InternSummer has just started, and the temperatures around the city are rising. In a West Baltimore community, Poe Homes, the residents lived in their homes for up to eight days without running water.After more than a week of misery and dangerous health conditions water was restored to the beleaguered residents of the Poe Homes housing projects in West Baltimore.According to the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC), water was fully restored the evening of June 25. Officials with the Housing Authority said the water outage was initially caused by a broken 20-inch valve, triggering alarming unsanitary living conditions. However, volunteers, city residents and organizations helped support Poe Homes residents.<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>“I want to especially thank our residents for their understanding as DPW continued to try to fix the problem,” said HABC Executive Director Janet Abrahams in a statement. “We responded to the emergency situation with a methodical overwhelming effort to ensure that our residents were as comfortable as possible given the circumstances.”Still, questions remain about the “circumstances” that led to the residents of Poe to be without water for more than a week. And though water has been restored, Poe Homes residents say there’s still the issue of water pressure for the homes who are just now having their water services restored. The men and women of the community grew frustrated living without water. Poe Homes resident Fabian Moore spoke to the AFRO about how the community dealt with the loss of water during those 8 days. “[I] thank a lot of people for really coming out to help us, but we gotta want to do it our self before anyone else will want to do it,” said Moore.Poe Homes resident Fabian Moore (Screengrab from video)In the beginning stages of the break, there were no answers for the members of this community discussion went back and forth as to who was responsible for the valve break, whether it be the city or neighborhood. While the community was waiting for water restoration there was help from organizations around the Baltimore City and Baltimore County to this community and for that the residents are grateful.Many organizations donated bottled water, some offered shower and laundry services throughout, and others donated food to residents. Construction on near underway near the site of the broken main valve. Porta Potties are still lined up on the side of the street for residents to use. Debris and empty water bottles riddle the streets, and a pipe runs down West Lexington St. from a fire hydrant located on the corner of Lexington and Poppleton. This fire hydrant is supplying the neighborhood water for now. So while residents can use their showers and sinks, there is still work to be done for full water restoration. Even though residents are less frustrated than at the beginning of the water loss crisis, there is needs to be a sense of urgency toward repairing the infrastructure of not only Poe Homes but in neighborhoods and communities across the city.The AFRO will provide a full report on the water outage at Poe Homes next week.Baltimore Editor Sean Yoes contributed to this story.
Last year, the company announced about adopting an approach to anti-tracking considering user data privacy. The company listed a few key initiatives mitigating harmful practices like fingerprinting and cryptomining. Yesterday, Mozilla announced that it is adding a new feature to protect its users against threats and web annoyances in future releases of Firefox. This new feature is available in the beta version of Firefox 67, and the nightly version of Firefox 68. They will be available in the stable release of Firefox in a few weeks. Mozilla has also added a feature to block fingerprinting and cryptomining in Firefox Nightly as an option for users to turn on. The cryptomining and fingerprinting blocks work similar to anti-tracking blocks in current versions of Firefox. Fingerprinting and crypto mining scripts A variety of “fingerprinting” scripts are embedded invisibly on many web pages to harvest a snapshot of users’ computer configuration. These scripts further build a digital fingerprint that can be used for tracking users across the web, even if the user has cleared the cookies. Fingerprinting thus violates Firefox’s anti-tracking policy. Cryptominers is another category of scripts that run costly operations on users’ web browser without the knowledge or consent of the users. It further uses the power of the user’s CPU to generate cryptocurrency for someone else’s benefit. These scripts slow down the computer speed and the drain battery which affects the electric bill. Firefox’s move towards blocking these scripts To overcome these threats, Mozilla has announced new protections against fingerprinters and cryptominers. The company has collaborated with Disconnect and have compiled the list of domains that serve fingerprinting and cryptomining scripts. Cryptomining and fingerprinting blocks have been disabled by default for now but users can activate them in a couple of clicks in the browser settings under “Privacy & Security.” Mozilla has given an option to users option in the latest Firefox Nightly and Beta versions for blocking both kinds of scripts as part of their Content Blocking suite of protections. The team at Mozilla will be testing these protections in the coming months. To know more about this news, check out the official announcement by Mozilla. Read Next Mozilla is exploring ways to reduce notification permission prompt spam in Firefox Mozilla launches Firefox Lockbox, a password manager for Android Mozilla’s Firefox Send is now publicly available as an encrypted file sharing service