West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil said that the social restriction period would start on April 22 and last for 14 days.“But if the residents do not obey [the rules], it can be extended without needing approval from the health minister,” Ridwan said in a press conference on Friday.Introduced earlier this month, the PSBB policy prohibits public gatherings and mass religious activities and mandates the suspension of school and office activities, allowing only essential businesses to operate.The governor instructed all leaders of Greater Bandung to promote the policy in their respective jurisdictions. “The goal of the PSBB is to make room for [mass] testing and tracing in the regions so we can detect which areas are infected or which areas to watch out for,” Ridwan said.Read also: COVID-19: West Java to request large-scale social restrictions for Greater BandungThe governor explained that Greater Bandung and Bodebek metropolitan areas had around two-thirds of COVID-19 cases in West Java. Data from the West Java administration released Friday show that Bandung city has the most cases followed by Bandung regency, Cimahi city and West Bandung regency.The administration had distributed 80,000 rapid testing kits to all areas of West Java, where the testing has managed to detect 1,200 positive cases thus far, with additional polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing prepared to verify the results.Ridwan said that local residents could apply for individual testing through the West Java COVID-19 Information and Coordination Center (Pikobar) mobile application, available on Google’s Android mobile platform. At least 21,000 have already applied.The application can also be used to apply for social aid so long as applicants are not already registered under any of the government’s social aid programs.The administration would give Rp 500,000 (US$34.91) in monthly aid per family for four months in addition to the aid from the city and regency administrations and the government’s monthly Rp 600,000, which is being given for three months to Bogor, Depok and Bekasi residents.The administration would also give food aid to nonregistered residents in West Java, such as street children. (mfp)Editor’s note: The article has been updated for clarity. Topics : The West Java administration will officially begin enforcing large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) for Greater Bandung starting Wednesday after being given the green light by the Health Ministry to limit public activities to curb the spread of COVID-19.Greater Bandung, which consists of Bandung and Cimahi cities, as well as Bandung, West Bandung and Sumedang regencies, will join other regions in West Java, namely Bogor, Bekasi and Depok cities, as well as Bogor and Bekasi regencies — all satellite areas of Jakarta commonly referred to as Bodebek — in imposing the PSBB.West Java, the most populous province in Indonesia with some 50 million people, has the second-highest number of confirmed cases with 641 cases, 41 recovered and 56 fatalities as of Sunday.
Advertisement Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 15 May 2019 9:40 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.3kShares Comment Edu is a leading candidate for Arsenal’s technical director role (Picture: Getty)Former Arsenal star Edu has confirmed he’s held talks with the club over becoming their new technical director.The Brazilian is the Gunners’ first choice for the role now that Monchi has decided to return to former club Sevilla.Edu spent four years with the club between 2001-2005 and he’s currently serving as the technical director of Brazil.Arsenal will have a budget of around £40m this summer should they fail to win the Europa League and they want a structure in place behind the scenes to maximise resources.ADVERTISEMENT Emery will have a budget of around £40m should Arsenal fail to win the Europa League (Picture: Getty)Edu, though, has revealed that any talks over the role will have to wait until next season as he’s focused on Brazil this summer.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I had a conversation with Arsenal. There’s an interest,’ said Edu.‘I was very clear: ‘I am 100% focused on the Copa America. I’m not speaking about absolutely anything because of the Copa America.‘If, by any chance, you [Arsenal] want to speak to me after the Copa, propose something after the Copa, I will make myself available so that we can talk. As for now, I am fully focused on the Copa.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalArsenal had hoped to make an appointment ahead of the transfer window but if Edu is to be the man then the club are prepared to wait.The Brazilian has experience in a director of football role with Corinthians and would oversee recruitment at the Emirates.MORE: West Brom star Chris Brunt trolled by Aston Villa substitute Jonathan Kodjia after sending off Edu confirms talks with Arsenal over technical director role but wants to focus on Brazil job