Two female Venezuelans were on Thursday fined ,000 each for entering Guyana illegally after they appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Flagner Lagabani, 27, and Leslie Abrigo, 18, pleaded guilty to the charge which stated that on July 23, 2016, at Charity, Essequibo, they entered by sea and disembarked without the consent of an immigration officerThe prosecution’s case stated that the duo travelled to Guyana by a small boat and did not go to an immigration office to gain permission to enter the country. They were seen on September 13, 2016 in Linden by police ranks and were unable to produce documents to verify their legal status in Guyana. As such, they were arrested and taken to the Criminal Investigations Department headquarters and later charge.Lagabani told the court that she came to Guyana in search of her smaller sister who was being abused while Abrigo said both of them were abused and badly beaten in Guyana.Abrigo added that they have made several reports to the Police Station in Linden but all their complaints were ignored since police ranks never penned any of their complaints neither collected statements from them. She further stated that if she had known that it was illegal to enter Guyana by boat through the Essequibo River she would have never come to Guyana.Chief Magistrate McLennan ordered an immediate investigation into the defendants’ claims. The unrepresented duo was fined $20,000 each or failure to pay the fine will result into four months imprisonment. The duo will be escorted to the nearest port of exit after paying their fine or serving sentence.
In what is seen as a boost to the nation’s emerging mental healthcare system, 19 clinicians specializing in child and adolescent mental health graduated on October 8, in Monrovia, from a training program developed by The Carter Center’s Mental Health Program, in partnership with authorities of the ministries of Health, Education as well as Gender, Children and Social Protection.The graduates, according to a release, are the fifth cohort of clinicians with focus on children and youth that will provide mental health and psycho-social care in schools, clinics, and other child and youth-centered settings.“Liberia is making a brighter future for all of its citizens by investing in the mental health of adults, children, and adolescents,” said former U.S. First Lady and The Carter Center (TCC) Co-founder, Rosalynn Carter.The graduates bring to 268 the total number of professionals trained through collaboration between the TCC Mental Health Program and the Liberian government, to improve access to mental health services.The clinicians work in primary care facilities, hospitals, and other settings frequented by children, such as daycare centers and schools, across all 15 counties to provide much needed care as the country seeks to strengthen its mental health services.This group of Liberian nurses, physician assistants, and registered midwives completed a free, six-month Child and Adolescent Post-Basic Mental Health Training Program at the Tubman National Institute of Medical Arts (TNIMA) in Monrovia.Liberia is on course to reach its goal of expanding access to mental healthcare to 70 percent of the population in the next few years.Previously, the release said Liberia, which has a current population of about 4.6 million, had one psychiatrist to meet the needs of at least 300,000 Liberians suffering from mental illnesses. But graduates of TCC program passed a credentialing exam administered earlier by the Liberian Board of Nursing and Midwifery and the Liberia Physician Assistants Association to practice as licensed mental health clinicians. This allows them to return to their counties of practice as child and adolescent mental health specialists and to practice in primary care settings that focus on children and adolescents or to begin working in school-based clinics.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Manchester United have been long-term admirers of Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels – and with tackles like this you can see why.The World Cup winner, 26, was at the heart of the Bundesliga side’s defence for their Champions League last 16 clash against Juventus and when Alvaro Morata charged towards goal he took matters into his own hands.Hummels, sensing the danger, dropped to the deck and produced a marvellous stop, which was reminiscent of Bobby Moore’s tackle on Jairzinho at the 1970 World Cup, before scarpering away with the ball.You can check out the move below… Manchester United target Mats Hummels 1
Chris Wood A superb late strike from Chris Wood gave Leeds victory at Derby to record their first win of the season.Wood’s 88th minute goal settled an absorbing contest that had seen Tom Adeyemi head Leeds in front only for Chris Martin to equalise with his 50th goal for Derby.It also completed another memorable visit to the iPro Stadium for head coach Uwe Rosler who had won on his previous two visits with Wigan.History might have been against Leeds but they started confidently and Wood fired just over from the edge of the box after a four-man passing move.Martin headed a free kick wide after Richard Keogh, with his forehead bandaged, halted a strong run from Wood and Leeds twice went close with Lewis Cook volleying wide from an angle before Wood just failed to connect with a pass from Liam Cooper.But the visitors got the goal they deserved in the 43rd minute when a short corner was lifted in by Alex Mowatt and Adeymi headed past Scott Carson from eight yards.Derby had hit back in their previous four Championship games and they were level in the 48th minute when George Thorne played Martin in and the striker turned on the edge of the area to send a left-footed shot past Marco Silvestri.But Wood more than made amends two minutes from time when he turned on the edge of the area to send a right foot shot flashing past Carson to seal Leeds’s first win of the campaign. 1
An appeal for an emergency adoption was launched earlier today in which two abandoned kittens were due to be put to sleep if not adopted within an hour.Thankfully several people came forward to express interest in adopting the kittens, and they are now currently on their way to their new home in Convoy.The lady who found the kittens said that she received three calls within twenty minutes of the appeal being published, and they will now live and long and happy life with their new family. Thank you to all who shared the appeal and helped get these little kittens a home to call their own.Relief as abandoned kittens spared from being put to sleep was last modified: October 8th, 2016 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:abandonedadoptionhomekittens
Good times Why does Luis Suarez kiss his wrist when he celebrates a goal? 1 Luis Suarez looks finished. Wouldn’t get into our starting 11and that’s a fact. Stat padder vs. school level teams in the league, nothing else.— (@AnfieldAn) June 15, 2018 LU BEAUTY A reminder to Liverpool fans about the very comical threat Neymar offers This was not the start to the World Cup Luis Suarez would have hoped for. Unpopular opinion: Edison Cavani is a lot better than Luis Suarez #EGYURU— Josh Smith (@JoshSmith242) June 15, 2018 Mo Salah has been better than Luis Suarez in this game.— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) June 15, 2018 This probably was Luis Suárez’ worst game for Uruguay in years.Three big opportunities to score, no goals but do you seriously think that this is it for him this World Cup? No chance.Uruguay and Suárez suffer a lot but always find a way. I have full confidence in our No9. pic.twitter.com/FJsNjvL11h— Warriors of Uruguay (@UruguayanHeroes) June 15, 2018 Paul Pogba buys France World Cup winners specially designed rings Luis Suárez is having an almighty shocker. Looks knackered already.— Liam Canning (@LiamPaulCanning) June 15, 2018 Luis Suarez had a terrible game against Egypt Fallon d’Floor Dele Alli reveals pre-match rituals and lucky charms he has before matches Worst I’ve ever seen Luis Suarez play. Looks like a long season at Barcelona has taken its toll on him. Desperate for a break it seems but he won’t get one yet. Feel bad for Egypt but ultimately they didn’t create any real chances and their keeper was their best player.— Spencer FC (@SpencerOwen) June 15, 2018 You’re the one SUPERSTITION Luis Suarez: the boyfriend who treated me terribly but who I’d take back in a heartbeat, pay for his new car and have all his babies.— Sachin Nakrani (@SachinNakrani) June 15, 2018 diamond geezer Luis Suarez moving away from biting and entering groping territory— Matteo Bonetti (@TheCalcioGuy) June 15, 2018 World Cup latest on talkSPORT.com Luis Suarez attempted as many shots (4) as the entire Egyptian team combined in the opening 55′ minutes:14′: ❌ Off-target 23′: ❌ Off-target32′: 🚫 Blocked46′: 🎯 On-target Not his day in front of goal. pic.twitter.com/EIcwlIqW2x— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 15, 2018 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny admits he didn’t want France to win World Cup Luis Suarez is one miss away from biting someone— Danny WelBeast (@WelBeast) June 15, 2018 ‘It could have been me’ – Allardyce admits World Cup was tough to watch The Barcelona striker is the poster boy of a Uruguay team many are tipping as dark horses for the tournament.But he looked a shadow of his usual self on Friday, as the South Americans toiled to a last-gasp 1-0 victory over Egypt.Suarez had an absolutely stinker in the first-half.The former Liverpool star missed four glorious chances for a goal – including one shot which rippled the side netting and had half the stadium and viewers at home thinking he’d scored.The 31-year-old cut a frustrated figure after the break as Uruguay continued to falter against the defence of Egypt, who left star man Mohamed Salah on the bench. They eventually scored the winning goal through Jose Gimenez’s 90th minute header. misery 🍔 Luis Suarez couldn’t finish a Happy Meal today…#EGYURU#WorldCup— The Sportsman (@TheSportsman) June 15, 2018 Suarez was making his 99th appearance for his country, and his first in a World Cup since being banned for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during Brazil 2014.While he didn’t bite anyone here, he did revert to his old theatrics as the game drew to a close, rolling around on the floor after an innocuous challenge from Egypt’s West Brom defender Ahmed Hegazi, who was then dealt a yellow card despite there being little contact.Suarez’s previous offences have made him one of the most unpopular players at this year’s tournament (unless you’re a Liverpool fan), as you can see from the comments on social media.See the reaction to his below-par display below… Watch every goal England scored at the 2018 World Cup Learn the words for England’s catchy Gareth Southgate song Luis Suarez here, making clear contact with the balls pic.twitter.com/wdXDJpAwdl— Tom Williams (@tomwfootball) June 15, 2018 NO JOY Luis Suarez’s World Cup history: 2010: Goal-line handball2014: Bit Giorgio Chiellini2018: Just totally sh*te— Dream Team (@dreamteamfc) June 15, 2018
The Raphoe Community Playground Committee are well on the road to turning their dream of a new playground for the children of the area into a reality.As the group continues to fundraise, they have organised a tea dance in Deele College Raphoe tomorrow, Sunday 24th March between 3-6pm.There will be lots of local acts performing on the day with singers and dancers stepping on to the stage. Tea, sandwiches, scones and cakes will be served while you sit back and enjoy the entertainment.There will be a coloring competition and activites for the children and a raffle on the day with lots of great spot prizes.We would ask everyone to come along and support this day as it will be raising money to build a playground for the children which is at an advanced stage.Tickets, priced just €5, can be purchased at the door on the day. RAPHOE ALMOST HAS ITS NEW PLAYGROUND DOWN TO A ‘TEA’! was last modified: March 23rd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Raphoe Community Playgrouptea dance
A suspended Garda who was due to enter a plea today on charges of harassing two women has had his case put back to allow him engage with mental health services.38-year-old Donal Maguire with a former address at Millbrook Avenue in Kilbarrack, Dublin is now living with his mother in Co Donegal.He is accused of harassing one woman at the Jervis Shopping Centre in Dublin and at Tesco in Clarehall on dates in 2012 and 2013. The father of four allegedly harassed another woman at North Great Clarence Street earlier this year.He will be arraigned at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court on October 20.DONEGAL-BASED GARDA HAS HARASSMENT CASE PUT BACK was last modified: July 16th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
SAN FRANCISCO – The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Wednesday proposed allowing sea otters back into Southern California waters, saying that scrapping the current “no-otter zone” would boost recovery efforts for the threatened species. The agency also recommended ending an 18-year-old program that sent more than 100 sea otters from the Central Coast to San Nicolas Island, one of the Channel Islands off the Southern California coast, in an unsuccessful attempt to establish a new population. Wildlife advocates applauded the proposal by the Fish and Wildlife Service, which will seek public comment until Jan. 5 and hold hearings in Santa Barbara and Monterey. Defenders of Wildlife, an environmental group, recently released a report saying that allowing otters back into their historical habitat in Southern California would help the species recover and attract tourists eager to see the iconic marine mammals. “Many of the sea otters we moved to San Nicolas Island had a plan of their own,” said Steve Thompson, manager of the Fish and Wild Service’s California-Nevada operations office. “We believe that continuing the translocation program will not promote recovery of the species.” Rep. Sam Farr, D-Salinas, said terminating the no-otter zone and relocation program would help recovery efforts and generate tourism. “To ensure a sustainable sea otter population in the future, we need to allow sea otters to expand their range without forcing them to live in one spot or another,” Farr said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “Bringing sea otters back to Southern California will not only help put sea otters firmly on the road to recovery, it will also benefit our coastal communities,” said Jim Curland, a marine coastal associate for the group. The California sea otter once populated the state’s entire coastline, but they were hunted for their pelts during the 18th and 19th centuries and were nearly extinct by the early 20th century. Now numbering about 2,700, the species is listed as a threatened species under the U.S. Endangered Species Act. The no-otter zone arose out of the San Nicolas Island relocation program wildlife officials began in 1987. Designed to appease fishermen worried that the voracious animals would disrupt their industry, it essentially banned sea otters from migrating south of Point Conception in Santa Barbara County. Otters that strayed south of the boundary were captured and sent back north. Fish and Wildlife moved about 140 sea otters to San Nicolas Island, hoping to establish a colony outside the main population that lives between Point Conception and Half Moon Bay, just south of San Francisco. They thought a second group would ensure the species’ survival if a natural or human-caused catastrophe, such as an oil spill, decimated the coastal population. But the program didn’t work. Most of the otters swam back to the coast and only about 30 otters remain around the island today.
WASHINGTON – Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 235,000 pickups, vans and sport utility vehicles from the 2006 model year because of potential problems with the windshield wiper motor. The models include the E-150, E-250, E-350 and E-450 vans, the Escape, Expedition and Explorer SUVs, F-150 and Ranger pickups and Taurus sedans. It also includes the Lincoln Navigator SUV and Lincoln Mark LT pickup and Mercury Mountaineer and Mariner SUV. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a posting on its Web site that the windshield wiper motor may have been made without grease being applied to the shaft gear. After continuous use on the high speed setting, the lack of grease may cause the gear to fracture during operation, leading to a loss of wiper function. The posting said the lack of a working windshield wiper could lead to a crash under poor weather conditions. More than 200,000 vehicles were being recalled in the United States, with about 13,500 in Canada and the remaining affected vehicles in Mexico and Europe. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Ford spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said the problem was discovered during vehicle evaluations and there were no reports of consumer complaints. She said the automaker was cooperating with the government. The recall is expected to begin Monday. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and grease the motor gears if necessary at no cost. Ford said Wednesday it was recalling 220,000 vehicles from the 2005 model year amid concerns a battery cable rubbing against the frame could cause fires and worry that a fuel tank strap could separate after tens of thousands of miles.